RIP Prince Philip.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
I met him and the Queen a few years ago and both were lovely. Sad news indeed and condolences to his family.

Sent from Somerset using magic

Reactions: The Frightful

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
99+ years of a Life well served to his Queen, his Wife , his Family , and his People.

No better Eulogy than that.

I will miss him , but I won't be sad - a good age to leave this world after achieving so much and supporting so many.

Rest well Sir.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I caught the tail end of a piece on the wireless earlier, the interviewer asked about how would he like to be remembered and he replied that “ he hoped to be remembered as someone who did his best”
I reckon he did so.

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
A devoted man, who gave his best for his adopted country and his wife, always in the background but always there when support was needed. God Bless you and may you rest in peace, Heartfelt condolences to the Queen and her family.

Reactions: The Frightful

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
I caught the tail end of a piece on the wireless earlier, the interviewer asked about how would he like to be remembered and he replied that “ he hoped to be remembered as someone who did his best”
I reckon he did so.
Wireless ?.....

you very old person ! it's now a bluetooth speaker !

• Haha
Reactions: CLEM and TeeDee

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
My local wireless station broke the news. Then this bobblehead explained THE LINE OF SUCCESSION would remain unchanged and Prince Edward likely receive his father's Dukedom along with a listing off all the present dukes. She left out Harry. Some expat called her live and asked why? She replied they didn't want to offend the Queen? Expat, Scottish and owner of our local UK import shop told her HM probably didn't tune into her L.A. talk show and MI 6 wouldn't show up asking questions-twit.
I was at a driving competition up in Santa Ynez; location of Michael Jackson's old NEVERLAND home and very expensive horse country. I owned a rare Cleveland Bay. He got silly crossing the last hazard and half reared. I yelled at him and popped the whip. We stopped at the last time mark and my horse was still full of himself. Man walks to his side, takes the reins below the half cheek snaffle and in this clipped accent 'Now stop this silliness and behave yourself. You're representing the home country.' He smiled at me and walked off. damned horse stood perfectly still and quietly walked on after we were checked I. I asked another competitor who that was? He dryly replied 'Oh, just Prince Phillip.'

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE