Right! I've had enough, I'm off out!

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I've been sitting around, when not doing my physio stuff, for nearly 2 weeks now. I twanged my back the weekend before last and ended up off work.
Anyway, apart from one or two trips out in the car to the physio and a trip to Newcastle for supplies( Ha! got parked right outside LePrevo-blxxdy miracle:eek: ) I've been nowhere and done; nowt much as far as fresh air goes.

So I'm off out, I'm away to take some fresh air and very light exercise and I'll show you where I went later on, if I make it back, that is:bluThinki

regards
R.B.

I've been sitting around, when not doing my physio stuff, for nearly 2 weeks now. I twanged my back the weekend before last and ended up off work.
Anyway, apart from one or two trips out in the car to the physio and a trip to Newcastle for supplies( Ha! got parked right outside LePrevo-blxxdy miracle:eek: ) I've been nowhere and done; nowt much as far as fresh air goes.

So I'm off out, I'm away to take some fresh air and very light exercise and I'll show you where I went later on, if I make it back, that is:bluThinki

regards
R.B.

Join the club! I did mine in too and can hardly walk! We need to start up a bushcraft cronies group!

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Hope you had a good day Steve. Hope your back gets better soon mate.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Has anyone heard from Steve ? Hope he`s okay

We all know what happened last time somebody said " I`m just going outside, I may be sometime "

rancid badger

Well I stayed out for nearly 3 hours;)
I took the car mind you, it's only about a mile and a half walk to the wood from my place but to be honest; in the state I'm in at the moment, I didn't want to waste 40 minutes getting there- seriously; that's probably what it would have taken me:eek:
Anyway, I arrived and parked up in the main carpark:
PB250001-1.jpg

Always a bit bleak up here at this time of year and forever dominated by the Powerlines:( But I was out and moving and breathing fresh air again;)
I decided to wander across to inspect the latest groundworks that the Forestry Commission are carrying out:
PB250003.jpg

This is an extension of the main carpark, the principle reason for this; is to relieve the congestion on the main route in, during the Christmas Tree sales. Friends of Chopwell Wood have paid for this work and F.C. simply grafted it onto some access work they were carrying out anyway. It's really quite impressive, and an asset which will hopefully see gainful employment through out the year.
CopyofPB250006.jpg

The F.C. "gang" were busy installing some temp traffic calming measures or barriers, these will be replaced later on, with steel barriers; again paid for by F.o.C.W.
PB250008.jpg

PB250009.jpg

This is Andy and new bod....I think they call her Rachel?..only the 2nd day on the crew:confused: And then in the background;Mark and John "supervising":D
PB250011.jpg

PB250012.jpg

PB250020.jpg

I hung around chatting for a bit, then wandered on my way, I stayed on the reasonable paths, for fear of ending up stuck!
I checked out one of the "sculptures" the cruck frame gate:
PB250016copyresizecruck.jpg

PB250015.jpg

this has been up quite a few years now, there has been a bit of chat about doing a full size building/shed but there's nowhere to put it, that would be "safe" from porch monkies etc.
On the subject of "porch Monkies"::confused:
PB250026resizedporchmonkies.jpg

not sure where the staff were but at least this bunch kept themselves to themselves:cool:

Anyway, onward and upwards....... and then my back went twang again! This should have been straight up and down:
PB250027.jpg

just the once but I thought ; "yep that's enough"!
A bit of nature on the way back;
PB250017.jpg

PB250023.jpg

and then I came across this:
PB250044.jpg

I immediately went into magpie mode! I thought: That's a top for my improvised garden burner/incinerator/stove thingy!
It's actually a brand new but old ( if that makes sense?) car brake disc! about 10mm thick and apart from all the rust, unmarked. It took me quite a while, to figure out how the hxll I was going to pick it up off the ground,it actually took nearly a minute in total! but it's mine now:bandit:

And so; back to the car and home.
I'm sure the vast majority of viewers will be thinking: "What a nugget" but I'm just so pleased to get out again, I just thought I'd share:D

Apologies to anyone on dialup:eek:

cheers
R.B.

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Glad you managed to get out, looks like you enjoyed it.

All the best mate.

Simon.

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
It must be about 8 years since i've been to Chopwell Woods, but it still looks a great spot. The car park should help the congestion a lot. Thanks for sharing your day out

Hope your back gets better soon RB

Dave

P

Perfects

That looks like a great place to go walking, I'm looking for places like that near me. I hope you mean Newcastle in England, if so, would you mind telling me where it is please?

Leo

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
Looks like you had a good day out. Hope your back improves.

Nice bit of steel in that disk too. I can imagine that welded onto an empty gas bottle with a circular plug that you can lift out to put the kettle over it.... Mmmm thinks "Where can I get one?"

Cheers,
Steve

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
Like wise I'm chomping at the bit to get out, I've been off work since 5/11 with a Viral infection (or at least thats what they called it) and apart from a 4 night break in one of the NHS's finest the furthest I've been is the bottom of the garden or the post office in the car:(

I'm hoping when I see my GP on Friday that he says I can go back to work and then SWMBO my let me out for a bit:D

Any how hope your back clears up sooner rather than later.

Cheers

Richard

rancid badger

Thank you to everyone for your kind comments:eek:
I'm still off and my physio has said not to return to work yet, as my job is 80% hands on, moving about etc.
I reckon I'll be ready by the end of next week, in the meantime though; my physio has also told me to get out and about as much as I can manage, building up gently to my normal pace etc.
Seem's there are a few "croc's" among us:D never mind, we'll all get there eventually!
thanks again and best wishes to all:)
Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE