Rice and snow with a veiw

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mbiraman

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2011
West Kootenays,BC
I had ordered an adjustable 4" elbow through a store in a town north of me and rather than have them send it down i decided to take the one hr drive up there and snowshoe to a ledge i new of for lunch.

Up at the town there were a couple of good views.
IMG_0001-13.jpg

IMG_0004-8.jpg

I picked up my elbow and headed south the the pull out where i would snowshoe in. Its a short snowshoe but well worth it. I settled in for lunch as the sun shone bright on a calm clear blue day.

Ledge part way down a cliff .
IMG_0023.jpg

Bushbuddy and frezer bag cooking. Basmati rice and curried veggie's today.
IMG_0012-4.jpg

Some ice and moss on the cliff face behind me.
IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

The view. Over the edge of the ledge is a thousand feet to the water so no going too close.
IMG_0008-9.jpg

IMG_0016-1.jpg

IMG_0007-7.jpg

It was pretty great and wishing i had brought my hammock for a snooze.
enjoy
bill

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Stunning scenery and pics, thanks for posting those.

Is that lake usually frozen over Bill? I was reading today that you guys have had one of the warmest winters on record.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Gorgeous piccies Bill, thanks for sharing buddy

I thought you'd have had more snow by now? Just reading Petes' reply though maybe not this year?

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
Wow great pics and scenery, thanks for sharing.

You did well to get that beard in shot ! :lmao:

mbiraman

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2011
West Kootenays,BC
Yep, that's what you call scenery...............& a beard :)

Not much snow though.....I've got more than that ! :D

Thanks for sharing

Thanks; we've had about 4feet of snow. There was about a foot on the ledge,,pretty exposed there so not so much accumulation. Less snow than other years but 12"-24" on the ground at the moment except for the hill sides.

what a fantastic place ! many thanks for posting the photo's :)

your welcome

Stunning scenery and pics, thanks for posting those.

Is that lake usually frozen over Bill? I was reading today that you guys have had one of the warmest winters on record.

The lake doesn't usually freeze over. Very deep lakes around here. Apparently 50-60yrs ago it froze.We've had an odd year but not the warmest on record. I think the folks around Southern Ont and Wisconsin, Minnesota have had a pretty warm winter. Normally -20 and a week or so ago they we're +50-60F

beautiful shots matey!

thanks,,,easy subject

Gorgeous piccies Bill, thanks for sharing buddy

I thought you'd have had more snow by now? Just reading Petes' reply though maybe not this year?

Thanks Stewie. We usually have more snow but only about 12"-24" on the ground at the moment

Great shots and a magnificent beard - thanks for posting!

Thanks

Wow great pics and scenery, thanks for sharing.

You did well to get that beard in shot ! :lmao:

thanks

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE