Retro rucksack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Heeres Elite???

:D

They had mountain troops. That had been the only special forces in the Heer.

Parachute troops had been part of the air force.

Waffen SS wasn't part of the Heer. It wasn't part of the Wehrmacht.

Heeres Elite didn't exist. If you don't want to call the Officers like that.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
No, unfortunately they are out of stock.

But unissued Swedish Aiforce rucksacks they throw behind you. 40£ is nothing!
And in my opinion that's by far the best offer all over the market.

I would take them both by the way, the swedish is the right choice and the Czech isn't a fault for that price.

I own a different Swedish army rucksack that became 100 years old and it's still fine!

:)

Last edited:

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Shoulder straps are overrated!

Just take an old telephone wire.

The Légion Étrangère often did it like that.

Reactions: Janne

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
It shouldn't be a problem to get an old Y- webbing.
You just cut it at the right point and attach it to the rucksack.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
This

https://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/mountain-rucksack-model-m44-with-removable-straps-by-fab.html

tg829-0.jpeg

or this

https://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/indiana-canvas-rucksack.html

mk7014-0.jpeg

Jan 8, 2005
California
Could it be an old Lafuma rucksack? They have shoulder straps with a clip on one strap and a buckle on the other, which sounds like what you describe.
img_8227.jpg

(Pic from the Internet. There are different models and colors.)

Reactions: Erbswurst

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Have a look at the Filson Rucksack, WoodyGirl. Their Backpack is a lesser thing.

I didn't see anymention of the Swiss (sometimes called Austrian ... or vice versa) rucksack. olde style with a metal frame and salt and pepper canvas. Brute to carry but really looks the part

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
In this picture the zipper isn't rain protected.

Salt an pepper is swiss.

Austrian is a bright Flecktarn after WW 2.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
The "Indiana Jones Rucksack" is a Bundeswehr Gebirgsjäger Rucksack 34 Liter, made like this in the beginning, later with cotton straps and plastic buckles, in the end with Cordura fabric.

Still available in all versions in different conditions and prices.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Are you still interested in the French rucksack?

I got one, but I am not sure if I am able to restore the leather. It surely will take a while and a lot of money for good leather oil.

Now Idea what it would cost to send it to Britain.

I could give it to somebody if he would come along at Colone, when I am there, what doesn't happen so often.

http://www.toulouse-hotel.fr/sac-é-...de-qualitéretour-facile-et-gratuit-p-991.html

Last edited:

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I got this little rucksack too, which is everywhere available. If you are interested in that, you can ask me about.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Thanks Erbswurst. I've given up on this as I realy only wanted an exact copy of my old one. It was to try and put together an exact replica of my old kit back in the 70s. I have everything including some of my origional stuff except the pack. It is kind of you though so thanks. I'll use my Fjallraven canvas rucksack though it's not realy big enough but it looks almost right colour wise and shape etc. One day it will come to me. I'm in no rush to buy anything but an exact replica. (See the photo I posted way back.)
Your one looks a good contender if I was only after that kind of pack rather than an origional or exact replica.
Yes I'm being very fussy :)

Reactions: Erbswurst

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
See post 2 the link shows the etsy one I ordered which was what I thought was the right one but it was a cheap modern replica and only day pack size ie to fit a laptop and your sandwiches in! The standard of workmanship was rubbish for the price too!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE