Resurfacing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hello good people

Some of you may remember me from a few years ago, talking about weaving and suchlike.

College has kept me busy, but now I'm tablet weaving again and feeling mire sociable.

For those who dont know me, I am a weaver of all kinds of cloth, including tablet woven bands of varying levels of complexity, inkle weaving, Kumihimo, spinning, braiding, whatever. I am interested in historical costumes and technical fabrics. I can also machine knit.

If you have any questions about textiles or weaving techniques, whether historical or modern I'm happy to help. If I don't know the answer I can probably find out, and if I can't find out I'll probably be concerned, but I'll let you know.

I also like to sleep outside in front of a pile of burning cellulose and make things with my hands

Andrew

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hello :D
Good to hear from you again :cool: and it sounds as though you're being busy too :)

I'm netmaking just now............linen thread's a pain to use :( but cheap garden twine seems to be excellent for practicing :)

Largs Viking festival is on just now; they're always interested in tablet braid.

atb,
M

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
Hello the self denigrating bee,

I am not sure, although I am rather slow, of what you mean by your reference to burning cellulose. The obvious or the occulted referenced here?

Kindest regards,

RTh

Aha!

By burning cellulose I mean wood, as all plant matter is composed of cellulose. I suppose one could attempt to burn ferns or potatoes or other plant life, but I doubt it'd work well.

I suppose I could be sitting in front of a pile of burning books, but that's a little dark, so I'll say its wood.

Aah, largs festival, definitely sounds excellent, I shall make a point of trying to get in as a trader next year. I need to build up stock first, I currently have next to nothing to sell.

dreadhead: I shall post up some pics in the next couple of days on the DIY and crafts section I think. I spent about £25 on cheap-bottom acrylic knitting yarn yesterday for making bands with (it's such easy stuff to use so it ends up being my base-level stock. also, the colours are nice and bright and excellent. if vikings were around today, they'd love acrylic and acid dyes, totally)

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
Hi and welcome

--------------------------------------------
"If we had some bacon we could have bacon and eggs, if we had some eggs"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE