result!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
went in blacks today,

saw the new Light my Fire Fire steel 2.0 Scout, it said £3.99 on the tag?!?!?

so i took one to the counter and dropped 4 nuggets into the young lads hand,..

but he asked for another 4,....?

i duely led him to the shelf where someone had staked the boxes on the shelf for the Maya Dust,(which is 4 quid)

it was my mistake really but he apologised, took the 4 quid and gave me the steel,..

wish i'd have took a dozen to the tills now,...

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
i nearly walked away, (rather than pay the full whack), but he just mumbled,..."well i HAVE to give it you at that price now", while staring at the floor,..

hahahah i had the tiniest twinge of gulit before the smile crept on my face,....

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Ha, i never feel guilty about the loss of a small profit from a large chain, as long as its legal,

bet the poor chap who put them up there has a bit of over time to do to make up for it,

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Update on the Scout 2.0,...

the striker is not too great,...it does the job, but the steel is always close to a shiney of some sort or another so its just, redundant really.

but!.

i opened a box with it last night and even with no edge it still gave me an idea,..

i put an edge on it and stuck it on my keys,..

makes a nice little cutting edge and has a whistle too,.

i just need to sleeve the edge in some way,. or it may be a problem in the "pocket enviroment"

DSC02840.jpg

just realised this isnt the pic on the edge but you get the idea,..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE