Resolutions?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sparksfly

Tenderfoot
Jun 1, 2008
London
I quite like setting myself goals rather than making resolutions. E.g.
1) Walk 1000 miles (in the countryside - not between the tube station and my office)
2) Camp out 100 nights
3) Make a knife
4) Finish my blanket coat (started two days ago)
5) Get all my kit for a week into a 45l rucksack (a reduction from 85l)

In general get more idea and less gear.

Cheers,

Malcolm

moab

Forager
Apr 26, 2007
UK
I quite like setting myself goals rather than making resolutions. E.g.
1) Walk 1000 miles (in the countryside - not between the tube station and my office)
2) Camp out 100 nights
3) Make a knife
4) Finish my blanket coat (started two days ago)
5) Get all my kit for a week into a 45l rucksack (a reduction from 85l)

In general get more idea and less gear.

Cheers,

Malcolm

Malcolm
Is that this years goals?

Mike Ameling

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Iowa U.S.A.
www.angelfire.com
Not very bushcrafty really;

Get out of unhappy relationship

get full time work

get my class 1 license

stop smoking - when I finish this pack, no point in wasting what I've already spent lol

Dunno which sounds the hardest lol, need to sort myself out though.

LOL.

Did #1 a number of years ago. Although it was only over when SHE decided it was over (and had already found her next ... victim. Yes, I chose that word/phrase carefully. She has now gone through marrying two others. I sometimes feel sorry for them ... sometimes.).

#2? Haven't had one since December 2001. I'm usually pretty much broke, but much much happier. As long as I don't have to ask you if "you want fries with that" I'm doing pretty good.

#4? Never started. Never got past that "turning green" part.

Mikey - that grumpy ol' German blacksmith out in the Hinterlands

novembeRain

Nomad
Sep 23, 2008
lincoln
LOL.

Did #1 a number of years ago. Although it was only over when SHE decided it was over (and had already found her next ... victim. Yes, I chose that word/phrase carefully. She has now gone through marrying two others. I sometimes feel sorry for them ... sometimes.).

#2? Haven't had one since December 2001. I'm usually pretty much broke, but much much happier. As long as I don't have to ask you if "you want fries with that" I'm doing pretty good.

#4? Never started. Never got past that "turning green" part.

Mikey - that grumpy ol' German blacksmith out in the Hinterlands

Good to see I'm not alone :lmao:

Well, I've just had the last of the pack (I'm not really a heavy smoker), now the fun begins :rolleyes: It wont be the first time I've stopped so I know what to expect, and I'll probably be out-doing you in the grumpyness stakes for the next couple of weeks :bluThinki Maybe that'll get rid of the moose too - it worked last time but that was about a fortnight after I confessed to smoking for the past 18months and had been lying to her about it, and it wasn't the effect I wanted that time round :(

Jan 5, 2009
Sheffield
First things first: Happy New Year everyone.

I don't really consider new year's resolutions necessary. If I want to change something or do something more, I do so no matter what time of the year we have.

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
Not very bushcrafty really;

Get out of unhappy relationship

get full time work

get my class 1 license

stop smoking - when I finish this pack, no point in wasting what I've already spent lol

Dunno which sounds the hardest lol, need to sort myself out though.

quote "stop smoking - when I finish this pack, no point in wasting what I've already spent lol'"
You'll never pack in thinkin' that way, Rain
icon7.gif
I done the same, once, the next time I slung the pack, that was 17 yrs ago, sorted! just throw them away while yer still a young person....and get rid of yer partner quickstyle.

Always remember...never look forward unless yer can dream, never look back unless yer can smile.
icon12.gif
]

novembeRain

Nomad
Sep 23, 2008
lincoln
quote "stop smoking - when I finish this pack, no point in wasting what I've already spent lol'"
You'll never pack in thinkin' that way, Rain
icon7.gif
I done the same, once, the next time I slung the pack, that was 17 yrs ago, sorted! just throw them away while yer still a young person....and get rid of yer partner quickstyle.

Always remember...never look forward unless yer can dream, never look back unless yer can smile.
icon12.gif
]

:) fair point opal, I ran the pack out yesterday, still doing well sofar. Being a tight git, I couldn't bare the thought of throwing them away after paying for them :lmao:

Landy_Dom

Nomad
Jan 11, 2006
Mold, North Wales
camp out one night each and every month - preferably with an interesting "challenge" element to most of them (one natural shelter, one below zero, one in hammock... etc)

anyone care to join me?

Dom.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
I'm going to try a photo diary and take a picture every day for the year. In part it's to encourage me to carry a camera more often and learn how to use it but mainly because a pal done it years ago and the idea's always stuck with me.
Doesn't have to be fancy photos, just whatever's on the go. Tonights was a big pile of fresh arrow shafts that I'm about to start work on.

Could also do with scrubbing off two and a half stone(eek) and getting back into climbing shape again but I'm not in any hurry. If I'm back on the wall again by the autumn that'd be nice. The diet started before christmas so while I didn't take any off over the holidays I didn't put any on either. :)

novembeRain

Nomad
Sep 23, 2008
lincoln
1. Keep my hair the same colour for longer than a month
2. Pass my NVQ 3 in Outdoor Education
3. Learn how to spin fire poi
4. GET OUT MORE!!!!

Happy New Year folks

Wild

I don't mean any offence, far from it, why feel the need to change yourself!? ;)

2. good luck, you'll p' it

3. I don't know what that is, maybe I need to learn too.

4. I guess we all want that - part of why we like bushcraft is our love for the outdoors :)

Again, don't take it the wrong way, just an observation.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE