Reputation points

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Blimey, didn't know about these, where do you find them?

I must have about minus 200,000,000 at the moment :sad6:

LS

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Not as far as I know Mate....I think it's better that way. Over on BB for example people can see who's left what and when I left what I thought was valid feedback (albeit negative) for a senior member I suddenly found I'd got heaps back from them and that's just pointless as it become tit-for-tat.

Don't worry about it....others are entiltled to their thoughts so as long as you are happy with what you say then that's all that counts :)

Cheers,

Bam. :)

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
Ludlow - Click on the little picture of some scales at the top right of any of your posts and it'll tell you your current reputation scoring.
If you want to add or subtract from anyone elses rep then cick on the same 'scales' icon on any of their posts.

Bumblebee - you can see what post caused you to be given/deducted any rep and any comment the person made by going to your User CP. Unfortunately you can't see who gave or deducted it :(

Red is negative reputation, green is positive.

And others can't see your points so I wouldn't worry about it too much. ;)

Bumblebee

Nomad
May 27, 2005
Here and there
bambodoggy said:
Not as far as I know Mate....I think it's better that way. Over on BB for example people can see who's left what and when I left what I thought was valid feedback (albeit negative) for a senior member I suddenly found I'd got heaps back from them and that's just pointless as it become tit-for-tat.

Don't worry about it....others are entiltled to their thoughts so as long as you are happy with what you say then that's all that counts :)

Well I wasn't planning a vendetta :lmao:, I just don't like anonymous comments. This works the other way as well I don't know who left the positive comments.

Reactions: Pappa

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
BD,

I've often wondered that...I have some saying nice things that are grey..???

Red

BTW Switch ...should I take it personal when you say "Red is a negative reputation"? :D

Red

scanker

Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
If it works like BB people have "rep power", which is how many points you give to someone. Your rep power increases with things like post count and your own rep and starts as zero. I guess grey ones are from people with 0 rep power.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Okay Neil...so how do I know how many points I have? I can see recent comments on user CP but thats all I know...don't know why I'm curious but I am!

Red

Edit to say...ahh got it now! That'll be the "points total" then!

Reactions: Pappa

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
-Switch- said:
Click on the little picture of some scales at the top right of any of your posts and it'll tell you your current reputation scoring.
If you want to add or subtract from anyone elses rep then cick on the same 'scales' icon on any of their posts.

And others can't see your points so I wouldn't worry about it too much. ;)
Try the instructions set out above....but you have to do it in one of YOUR previous posts

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
bambodoggy said:
So what do the Grey points mean? :confused:

Grey points are from people who haven't got 'power' to give rep. It has something to do with newbies and a minimum amount off posts.

I read a thread that discussed it quite clearly. I'll have a dig.

Here you go:
Last post (by Tony): http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=10016&page=2&pp=10&highlight=reputation

Or this post made by Martyn: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showpost.php?p=46785&postcount=46
Though note this post is made before the Big Crash ... So it could be a bit outdated, but you get the idea on how the system works.

And along the same line and to anticipate on future questions, a post by Stuart about 'the distinguished road': http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showpost.php?p=107077&postcount=15 :D

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
Hi Folks,

Hmmm

Perhaps grey is cos you are colour blind, I think I am red/green colour blind, so thanks for all the green squares folks :lmao:

LS

Reactions: British Red

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
If your red green colourblind (like me) you'll not be shure of what colour the square is if they are red green and grey all mine are brown!!!!!

James

snock

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2006
Aylesbury.
www.airgunbbs.com
I post on here. My profile.
We used to have the same system on there, but some of the members misused it and thought it a great idea to award negative points to those who just plain disagreed with them.

It wasn't apparent at first who was involved as they never left a calling card ( :rolleyes: ) but after it was done away with, they all admitted it.

Shame as I had 6 green boxes below my location. :bluThinki

Pete. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE