Repairing Berghaus Alpha

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jambo2kuk

Jun 15, 2015
United Kingdom
Have a 4 Yo Berghaus Alpha, cracking little jacket that has served me well both out n about and for work. Has started to develop a small problem tho, the Velcro where the zip cover sticks over is coming away from the 'flap'. I could stitch it back on through the flap from the outside but was hoping someone else has a better idea that would be invisible. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance. Jamie

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Have you contacted Berghaus customer service? I'm not sure they would do anything or have any ideas but every time i have contacted them i have been blown away by the response I got, when i shared my tale i got told the same from loads of other people who had contacted them with a problem, they really go the extra mile to help if they can.

jambo2kuk

Jun 15, 2015
United Kingdom
Didn't think of that to be honest due to the age of the jacket. Will give em bell 🔔 tomorrow and see if I have anyluck. Cheers for the info.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
I've been told of folks who had a waist strap come loose from the body of the pack on a 15 year old backpack who were told when contacting them to send it in and it was returned repaired and they couldn't tell which strap had been repaired. for myself i had lost one of the shoulder straps to turn my MMPS packs from my Berghaus Crusader into a mini backpack i contacted them asking to buy replacements and they sent me a new set of straps and didn't even ask for proof of purchase, which was awesome as i had bought it second hand. I suppose we shouldn't expect any less as they are a native Geordie company :cool:

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
Have a 4 Yo Berghaus Alpha, cracking little jacket that has served me well both out n about and for work. Has started to develop a small problem tho, the Velcro where the zip cover sticks over is coming away from the 'flap'. I could stitch it back on through the flap from the outside but was hoping someone else has a better idea that would be invisible. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance. Jamie

You can fell it on. Use 70's thread at least. Preferably 50's.

jambo2kuk

Jun 15, 2015
United Kingdom
Think I'll be keeping it whether I can get it repaired or not. Mrs bought me another one as a replacement so whether repaired or not this one is now my rough and tumble wild walking jacket. Might sell on my old Craghopper AquaDry waterproof layer.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE