Repaired my berry picker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tjurved

Nomad
Mar 13, 2009
Sweden
Hello now is the time to pick blue berrys here in Sweden so I made a new handle for my berry picker in birch and used leather from an old jacket for replacing the already replaced fabric. This one works great for blue berrys and I have used it for 10-15 years.

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
That looks the business. Is the whole thing home-made or a commercial product that's been repaired?

Of course, now that you've tempted us with your berry picker - you have to post pics of your harvest.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Do berry pickers work with other types of berrys? I am in my first year of growing my own stuff at my allotment and since it had well established black currants and gooseberries I've had a good crop this year (very good year with the cold spell then warmth). Only trouble is I don't have time to pick them and as a result when I did they were very ripe. I was wondering about berry pickers and if they would work with black currants and gooseberries. How do they work with very ripe ones? I'm guessing black currants are a yes but gooseberries are a no with these berry pickers but would like to know from someone with experience. Never liked currant picking and gooseberries never made it to the tub due to the hand eye coordination problem I have where gooseberries all end up in my mouth. Always been the same with them, can't pick for the freezer always for the mouth.

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Nice haul of berries there. Not seen many bilberries this year over here in the Lakes, think its about the time. Always forget when things come into season.

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
That is a nice haul of berries there, the blackberries and raspberries are out up here - was munching them all weekend - I suffer from the same co-ordination problem as you Paul_B. :D

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Blackberries you say. Perhaps I should head up your way and show youhow I cope with my coordination problems! :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE