repair bivi bag help

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dgardner

Jul 11, 2010
manchester
Hi,
I just got a free bivi bag from greencycle tht looks like this one:
http://snipurl.com/10nhhi
that has a lot of very small holes, about 50 1mm, only on the top
and was hoping someone could give me some advice on what to use.
I was thinking of something like a bicycle repair kit but not sure.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
i repaired a bivi like that one with lots of pin sized holes in it. mines an OG army goretex one, yours looks the same sort.
i got an old pair of army waterproofs, the sort that were used before goretex. and cut the material into little squares about an inch or so square. i then placed a square over a hole, with the square of material nylon side up and vinyl side down on the outside of the bag, i then used a soldering iron with a scooped end (i suppose used for smoothing solder and connections), smoothed the square onto the area with the hole until it had bonded. what happens is the vinyl side melts and bonds to the bag, and also fills the hole in the process.
i did about twenty or so holes like this and they are still fixed, i also used a long strip to beef up the seem at the foot end and this also worked.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE