Regular West Wales meet-ups?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
At the West Wales meet up at Gellie it was suggested that we make it a regular meet up - every other month, last weekend of the month was one suggestion.
It was also suggested we think about building semi-permanent structures 'a la bushcraft' for future meets.

What do folk think of this idea?

Who would want to come?

You only learn through practice and regular meet ups give regular practice/knowledge sharing, a chance to show off your latest project/build, be inspired by others, learn from others etc etc etc ...

Lets hear your thoughts!
John

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
You can still count me in John, Shift work permitting!

When shall we plan the next one? 13-15 Apr is good for me!:)

Do we go back to Gellie or does anyone know somewhere different?

elma

Sep 22, 2005
Ynysddu south wales
Hi John
I've been away from the site for a few months so i'm a little behind with things but I'll be interested in regular meets keep us posted please

Ian

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Yup,
I'd be up for some regular visits and I only have to suffer the shifts for a few more months. Another project I'm involved with mentioned building a roundhouse a few years ago but nothing has come of it - is this what you mean by "Semi-permanent structures"?

Gellie is a great place and Keith is a real character.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Surely more of us should be able to make this meet possible!
Why is it every other area has regular meets, there are quite alot of us down here so lets get these moots up and running and make it a regular thing, its obviously the best way to learn different aspects of the subject!
I know there is a South Wales meet but thats not until May!
Come on Guys!!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hey Greg - don't give up!
Go ahead with it even if it is just thee and me: I am sure it will be worthwhile and if we put up some interesting posts about how it went others will be up for future events. I may even be able to get some "lurkers" interested...
I would have run with getting this going myself but I am inundated with work at the moment and can't give the time to thinking and planning I would like to!

Come on guys - -support Greg in this!

John

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Keep with the program Greg.
My shift pattern affects 3 weekends out of four, and other folks will be even higher than that. I'm being made redundant in the summer so I'll have the time but maybe not the money.

Good Luck

Ogri the trog

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
OK fellas,

I shouldn't have said what I said, I was in a pretty bad state yesterday having found out that my best friend 'Nunuq - my dog' has possibly got Meningitis and its touch and go!

Anyway I will try and get hold of Gellie - somehow - their number isn't in the book.
Is Apr 13 - 15 still good.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
OK I have spoken to Keith at Gellie, he is happy with us using the site for the w/end, 13-15 April.

I will be getting there between 11+12 O'clock.
Whoever wants to join me I'll see you there!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE