Red Squirrel Encounter - How Rare?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Have you ever seen a Red Squirrel?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GlenM

Forager
Jan 11, 2006
Cornwall
Ringwood campsite in the New Forest, july 1976 the hot one if i remember correctly!

I was 10 years old and that was the first and last sighting.

dave k

Nomad
Jun 14, 2006
Blonay, Switzerland
when I was working in Dusseldorf I remember seeing a couple in the tree's as well.
One time a deer got stuck in the garden surrounding the office, and it took about a dozen people nearly an hour to get it out!

the perils of suburbia!

I saw one just a week ago, just like British Red has said, it was on a range at Altcar training camp, near Southport. I was there with the Army Cadets on Annual camp. before that was last year at an estate house in County Monaghan. I have quite a few greys come to take the Hazel nuts from the trees in my garden, but not seen a red here in county Antrim

bushblade

Nomad
Jul 5, 2003
West Yorkshire
www.bushblade.co.uk
Taken by my girlfriend at Formby

Smsquizwitpic.jpg

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Taken by my girlfriend at Formby

Smsquizwitpic.jpg

It looks like the squirrel is reading the sign and just about to turn and walk where the sign says he must!:lmao:

I used to see the reds in Germany all the time, almost black they were. I don't recall seeing one in Britain, maybe as a child but I can't say for sure. I'm doing my best to rid these isles of the invader!:AR15firin

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE