Red Deer Calf

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Just for "cute" value ;)

2685294631_62f286a35d_o.jpg

Red

Sophielou10

Aug 18, 2010
england
wow , red nice photo. did you take it?
some times you just need that cuteness.
i've never really seen that many deer. i occasionaly see them wild when im driving to horse riding but there normally a good distance away.
saw them once in a fenced wood don't know what this was lol.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Too young for scoffing at the time :)

Yep it one of my photos Sophielou thanks for the kind words.

Try having a wander round the New Forest some time - its lousy with deer. Place I lived in Hampshire the Roe were real vermin in my garden - de-barking fruit trees and eating the garden

Red

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Another bambino for the thread.
Earlier on in the year this little fella fly into my car door as I opened it.
He hung around perched on my shoulder for nearly an hour before flying off.
babybird.jpg

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Stunning shots Red. Its amazing how the little Roe just vanishes in the undergrowth. Except its little early warning radar ears :)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Brilliant piccies Red. Got any more, I love threads like this.

Got about a million baby bunnies - they really are stupid trusting

Baby Bunny 2 by British Red, on Flickr

small bunny (web) by British Red, on Flickr

baby bunny 7 small by British Red, on Flickr

You can just walk around picking up small rabbits if you go quiet - they don't even seem afraid if you do. One was in front of the car one day and in the end I picked it up and it sat in my palm gazing curiously at me as if to say "are we friends?".

Not so much Thumper - now run along!

Red

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Here's two critters I resued this Summer...

1920Jun201018.jpg

09Jun2020SiberianfuryDavey2.jpg

09Jun2020SiberianfuryDavey3.jpg

And of course, Squeeks who I found in the woods last Autumn with a Sparrowhawk on his tail...

DSC05705.jpg

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
It's a Pipistrelle, the crazy little fella got himself caught on a fishing hook by his tail membrane. He was fine though, with just a pin hole to show for his mistake. And yeah, the brown fluffy thing is a Robin I rescued from sitting in the middle of the road. A fair few cars went right over him before I got there, it was just a matter of time before he was squished. The blue thing is a soppy budgie, he must have been out for about four days in that torrential rain we had last year, he was reall bedraggled and starving. I found him after watching a Sparrowhawk fly into a tree he had just crashed into. He is one lucky budgerigar.

Last edited:

Bluemerle

Nomad
Nov 6, 2010
Essex
Was walking into Walberswick last week,and a farm we passed has a young Red deer in the garden. it was very tame and came up to the fence to be petted,it kept a wary eye on my dog though. there was no one about to find out the story, but i wonder if maybe its mother got hit by a car.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE