Recommended waterproof trousers?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
I'd be grateful if someone could recommend a half decent waterproof/breathable trouser (not an overtrouser) that doesn't cost the earth. I'm a fan of Paramo kit but I don't have the readies at the moment to buy top notch gear.

I note that Craghopper Ridge III's can be had for £40 - £50 on the internet - anyone use these? They sound good but are they just sweatbags once the going gets tough?

Any recommendations much appreciated.

para106

Jul 24, 2009
scotland
Trespass are selling waterproof breathable ones in their sale at the moment for about £30 - down from £50+. No link as I've seen them in the shop. Not bad kit usually from Trespass.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I'd be grateful if someone could recommend a half decent waterproof/breathable trouser (not an overtrouser) that doesn't cost the earth. I'm a fan of Paramo kit but I don't have the readies at the moment to buy top notch gear.

I note that Craghopper Ridge III's can be had for £40 - £50 on the internet - anyone use these? They sound good but are they just sweatbags once the going gets tough?

Any recommendations much appreciated.

A mate had Sprayway all day trousers. Waterproof and stretchy. Feel and look more like normal trekking trousers too. Closer fitting so not flappy like over trousers. They also do over trousers and they are longer in leg and closer fitting too. That is why I bought them. JUST about long enough for me. Comfy over shorts too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE