Deerhunter Huntsville leather trousers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
I picked up a pair of these trousers from my local shooting shop on Sunday with a view to test them out while hedgelaying today. Couldn't have picked a better day to do it with the train we had today!

The trousers are lined, fully waterproof, windproof and breathable using their own proprietary deer-tex membrane ala goretex. While the front of the legs are a nice supple leather, going from the very bottom up to top of the thigh area.

First impressions were that they were a fairly heavy trouser, not really an issue just an observation. The fabric of the trouser has a moleskin type feel, nicely offset by the leather feel at front. The pants have a nice high back with buttons ready for a good pair of braces, for me, there isn't enough belt loops so I've been using braces. Pockets are deep with same moleskin fabric inside which keeps the hands nice and warm. The waist has elasticated sides which helps.
Sizing is spot on and the cut is very good. A size 40 (ahem I mean 32) fits me like a pair of similar size bdu's or formal pants, very comfortable too.

I spent several hours today hedgelaying, all of this time we had rain. These britches didn't let me down, legs were bone dry, no sweating or chafing, no leaks, no damage to the leather even though working with hawthorn. I was lovely and warm throughout, not once did I feel I was overheating. A lot of the time was spent kneeling and again, not a hint of water ingress. (More than I can say for the old jack pyke hunter jacket, wet arms and back)

I paid £49 for the pants, and I think they are worth every penny, especially for the colder months. I would have no qualms about wearing these out on a bimble, and wouldn't think twice about going through brambles, bracken or Hawthorne, safe in the knowledge that the leather fronts would handle just about anything thrown at them.

They are also very quiet and would be excellent for stalking.

The trousers are fantastic, I'm gonna get a second pair, rip out the lining and use them for summer too.

I cannot praise them enough, they have great maneuverability and easy to drive in too. If anyone is looking for a decent pair of hard wearing waterproof trousers, you'll be pushed to find a better pair at this price.

sent from my brain using my fingers.

mr walloping

Mar 14, 2011
in my house
Interesting review for these trousers as i sent mine back because i thought they were too noisy.Maybe i should have put up with the rustling as they seem a good pair of trousers.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Gutted they didn't have Adonis sized ones. Great review Steve :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Explorer using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE