Heavy Duty waterproof trousers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
I'm looking for recomendations for heavy duty waterproof trousers, the only realy havy duty trouser is wax cotton, however I'm looking for something breathable and not freezing like wax cotton!!

Anyone any ideas, a high back version would be good, possibly reinforced knees and seat as well!!!

WoodMan

Forager
Jan 18, 2008
Norfolk
I'm a big fan of Country Covers gear. Top quality and made in the UK (well the West country anyway!) The only thing that I would say is that they get really busy with shows in the summer so now might not be the best time to get 'one offs' made. Another option is sailing kit, I have a pair of Helly Hansen dungarees that are brilliant and sound exactly what you are after but they are red and black. The good thing about sailing kit is the people that tend to buy it (with the exception of the real salty sea dogs) tend to have plenty of cash and can't be see around the marina in last years colours so you get some good, end of season, sale bargains. If you want ultra hard wearing then look at Guy Cotton rubber dungarees, as seen on all deep sea trawlermen, I wear white ones in the deer larder, but they are definetly not breathable! Glyn.

WoodMan

Forager
Jan 18, 2008
Norfolk

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
Yes they are very trouser-like, with belt loops, a fly and quite a narrow leg. Only thing to bear in mind is that the inner surface is the black membrane-type material - so you do need something on underneath. Over long johns I would say they will be superb.

I am 6ft2, waist 36+ (ok maybe 3:cool: and the XL fit me just fine.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE