Recommended kit for an evening (dog) walk?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

magpiewolf

Nov 10, 2012
Aberdeenshire
I like the glowing collars! I have a nite-ize zip-lit on each of mine - spooky dots bounding round the dark trails....:D

I just take a few poop-bags stuffed in a pocket, double-ended lead, 2 dogs, headtorch and a sense of adventure.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
tbh if it's just a night time stroll with the pooches you could easily get away with just these few bits..

I'll get my coat! :D

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Depends where you walk...I have found wire cutters / leatherman invaluable in the past (heavily wire fenced areas) for freeing trapped animals from barbed and stock wire. If its not a problem in your area, I wouldn't bother. I walk in the dark but keep a (bright) torch to alert cars and tractors to me if they are coming up fast.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Shotgun to blast the bats your bat detector alerts you too, sawn off is best, good spread and you could take down a couple of bats per cartridge. Wear a strip of leather around you neck in case they be vampire bats.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Shotgun to blast the bats your bat detector alerts you too, sawn off is best, good spread and you could take down a couple of bats per cartridge. Wear a strip of leather around you neck in case they be vampire bats.

Now you mention it, maybe a silver tipped bolt or two for the crossbow incase the rare (but unspeakabley deadly) vampire bagders make an appearence!

Will Bowden

Tenderfoot
Jan 23, 2009
Exmoor
www.MuddyRedLandRover.co.uk
I see the sun is getting to a few of us :)

Dog walk kit is a roll of poo bags (not usually needed as the dogs wait to get to the woods), pocket knife, paracord (useful for all sorts, makeshift lead for stray dogs is a favorite).

On night walks I only take a torch if there is cloud cover, I prefer to let my eyes get used to the dark, you see so much more.

If I am walking far at night I take a small FAK, some cyalume glow sticks and a small bright orange tarp/cord just in case I get in a pickle (fall over ******)

Will :)

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
my list would be poo bags, shooting jacket, 25 shotgun shells, the shotgun of course, pocket knife for skinning and gutting, fire steel and cap...;)

job done...:):):):)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE