Recommendations for decent pair of walking shoes or boots on a budget.

chjo

Tenderfoot
Dec 6, 2009
cumbria
Just had a pair of Merrell fail after very light wear and need to replace. Does a pair of boots or shoes exist that can be bought for around £80 that will last ? Need to be waterproof as they will be my dog walking footwear and used daily, not bothered about style or looks. Regatta, Karrimor, I have found to be poor quality as well.
Thanks

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
If you go onto the goarmy website they have loads of goretex military boots from new to distressed grade .i have bought 2 different styles of haix for pennies and wear them every day .fantastic boots .
Did the merrells wear out inside at the heal ?

chjo

Tenderfoot
Dec 6, 2009
cumbria
If you go onto the goarmy website they have loads of goretex military boots from new to distressed grade .i have bought 2 different styles of haix for pennies and wear them every day .fantastic boots .
Did the merrells wear out inside at the heal ?
Cheers will look on goarmy. The Merrels sole came away from the upper.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich

£89 for a pair of new Akus. They have grade 1 surplus on there too for about £60.
I’ve had a pair now for over 3 years, one of the most comfy boots I’ve owned used daily for dog walking

Reactions: chjo

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
I guess it depends on your own feet! I had a pair of Aku pilgrims. The lower leg non gortex ones, I found them to be really narrow, with a shape that did not work for me, and the sole unit was over stiff and very slippy in the wet.

Louis

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I got some German army goretex boots for about seventy quid grade 1.
Second pair now and I got about eighteen months out of the last pair at maybe two thousand miles or more?
The dog catches frisbee and my wife also takes him out when I'm at work so likely does a load more miles.

Reactions: chjo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE