recommend me a jacket?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Waldganger

Forager
Aug 13, 2009
Esperance, WA
Hi there all.

just got more money than I was expecting, and am considering what to spend it on.

Spent half on a decent camera (not an SLR but something more than a point and shoot)

I have a couple of Huski Jackets that I quite like, but the warmer one isn't as waterproof or tough, and the lighter one is the wrong colour for me.

So here is the requirements.

1 - Lightweight (pack down small)
2 - Waterproof (hood, and I mean dump proof it gets wet here)
3 - multiple pockets (2 hand warmer, 2 outside, at least 2 but prefer 4 inside. The huski's have this so I'd like it in something more $$)
4 - Tough. If I spend $$ I want to have it last. I will probably end up working in it as well as smoothing it outside
5 - warm (not super warm though, I can and will layer)
6 - Windproof (it gets blowy and I'd like to wear it on my pushbike to work at 5am but then stow it away for the trip home when its warm)
7- either black or some kind of forest neutral colour

I'm not sure if there is any other things I should consider, if I have forgotten something can you remind me?

Thanks in advance

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
Norrona Recon jacket (goretex). A bit on the bulky side but superbly made and very tough for a Gtex - olive green
Ventile SASS Kit smock - olive green
UK brand : Mountain Equipment Ogre Gretex Proshell - availabel in grey/black

Just some ideas - probably tough to fidn in WA !

NS

JimmyT

Tenderfoot
Mar 13, 2008
Relocated to Sweden
Well - if you were serious about the £££ I'd go with the above suggestions of the Norrona Recon or a Harkila - the best made stuff out there. I don't rate the Fjällräven G1000 stuff much for being so wind/waterproof even with their Greenland wax. My Recon is fantastic and Harkila have some new jackets out in Gore-Tex pac-lite which would tick your requirement for being packable.

cappi

Life Member
Nov 15, 2008
hautes pyrenees,france
The only jkt for you will be the TAD combat smock it will out perform every thing out now, bombproof,WATERPROOF,bags of storage ,smock zip and kevlar outer,comes in a very nice subdude green.For the full spec go to militarymorons.com

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE