recommend me a good wax jacket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I'm in the market for a decent wax jacket.
However I have a few criteria.
1 rather not pay a massive amount.plan this to be a bushwhackin jacket and do t want to wince everytime I catch it.
2 I'd like it to be long enough to come down t about mid thigh.so if I lean forwards dont get a draft up my back.
3 like it to been big enough to fit a couple of warm layers beneath it but not look daft should I just wear a shirt.
4 prefer it not to be green.
5 decent amount of pockets.

I know I can get el cheapo jackets from market etc but I don't want it to fall apart on the first trip out.

What do you suggest?
(Don't worry Too much about price. If it's too much for my mental budget I'll just resist it )

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I have a brown DrizaBone wax coat that come down to just above the knee and works well. If you look around they can be picked up second hand for reasonable dosh.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Drizabone bushman, they come in 2 different weights of cloth, a great coat, but might be a bit shorter than you are after, but the lightweight one(my wife has one)are a great lightweight bush coat, i have the heavy weight, & it can get a bit warm.

Rob

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I don't think Lisa's a member on here,it's facebook where he has to be sneaky :lmao:

Yep, she's a member here too :rofl:

I have to admit that replacing an item shouldn't be seen as breaking the pledge ~ but it would have to be a replacement for rather than in addition to ;) .

Oi've been having some fun finding some nice bits to tempt young Sam oi 'av, he will break!

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Yep, she's a member here too :rofl:

Excellent! I do enjoy getting my mates into trouble :pokenest:

I wonder if now might be the ideal time to put my limited edition kellam wolverine up for sale, tenner inc. postage. What do you reckon Sam, how's your willpower?

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Excellent! I do enjoy getting my mates into trouble :pokenest:

I wonder if now might be the ideal time to put my limited edition kellam wolverine up for sale, tenner inc. postage. What do you reckon Sam, how's your willpower?

Hmmm ... replacement items ... how quickly can a blade be worn away on water-stones? :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE