Recommend me a Fjall Raven alternative

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mart

Forager
Apr 6, 2008
cumbria
Hi folks is there is a company somewhere that makes a decent poly cotton trouser that doesn't want £100 plus for a pair. I get that Fjalleraven make hardwaring clothing and the g1000 fabric is very good but its only wax poly cotton at the end of the day. I'm after cargo style trousers for camping and general winter use. Warm ish and windproof would be nice. I saw some Haglofs ones that looked good but they were £130,too much. Also some Sherwood forest one that were £45, good price but thought they might be rubbish.

Thanks, Mart.

Pierr

Forager
Sep 15, 2008
France
I was in the same quest as you recently. I have some Fjallraven and like them but they are expensive. I tried Craghoppers Kiwi and found them very noisy. I asked aroiund: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78715&page=1

I finally tried 5.11 Taclite and I'm very happy with them. Fabric is quite close to G1000 (regular, not brushed), strong and silent. Leg pockets are less comfortable and take less content but rear pockets are superb. Very large, secure and easy to access. It largely compensate for the leg pockets in my opinion.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Hi folks is there is a company somewhere that makes a decent poly cotton trouser that doesn't want £100 plus for a pair. I get that Fjalleraven make hardwaring clothing and the g1000 fabric is very good but its only wax poly cotton at the end of the day. I'm after cargo style trousers for camping and general winter use. Warm ish and windproof would be nice. I saw some Haglofs ones that looked good but they were £130,too much. Also some Sherwood forest one that were £45, good price but thought they might be rubbish.

The Deerhunter brand are about the nearest i,ve found buddy!

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...Hi folks is there is a company somewhere that makes a decent poly cotton trouser that doesn't want £100 plus for a pair..."

Which Fjallraven trouser are you looking at? You can find the Forresters for £65 - £70.

Pierr's suggestion of the 5.11 brand would be a good alternative, you can pick up a pair of their Tactical trousers from Lakeland Bushcraft for £45.

Back up near the £100 mark are the Bison Bushcraft moleskin trousers, pricey but worth every penny.

:)

mart

Forager
Apr 6, 2008
cumbria
Wow that was quick, thanks for the response guys. I looked at the barents troos. Where are the forresters at at that price please? I'll look at all the suggestions guys, Thanks :)

mart

Forager
Apr 6, 2008
cumbria
The Deerhhunter ones look good, do you own a pair? It says they have a membrane are they a bit hot n sweaty when active?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE