recommend me a budget tablet

Mar 14, 2012
uk
I bought the kindle fire for my wife and daughter for Xmas.

It's absolutely brilliant!!

doesnt that run a modified version of android

I can ask upstairs (we have some on test), however I think any Android tablet or phone will support movie or audio playback. My phone certainly does and I have a choice of players.
please do :D

The Superpad I've got comes with 32g built in and you can just plug in another 32g stick, also plays bbc iplayer, youtube, tvcatchup, netflix and video at HD and has 3G
are you on about this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ANDROID-4...=UK_iPad_Tablets_eReaders&hash=item2a287d16eb
just an android ipad and at a realistic price! :rofl:

You can download an app called VLC player free from the market, this will allow almost every type of video file to be played on the nexus.
sounds good
BlackBerry PlayBook are good.. I've had one since November and I'm thoroughly impressed with it.. It does everything I want of it and more besides.
ive heard bad reviews and does it run a standard version of android?
also i think the company are about to go soo thats not very helpful :(

now just need to know can you play temple run and the such on the Samsung if not and i do decide to get it i still have subway surfer as that doesnt need a gyrometer YAY

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
We got our son a Nexus 7 (32gb) for Christmas, I've been on it a few times, seems quite good. It came with some music and one of the Ice Age films, no problems playing them staright out of the box.

Just a quick update on this thread.
I have just bought one of these for my lad. Not sure if I have done the right thing as they are aimed at a younger market (he is 11) but they have good reviews, a protective case, and more importantly great specs (screen not so much) and have third party support for rooting etc. £99.99 delivered and I went through quidco for an extra 2% cashback. I will have to do something about the rear as it has stupid plastic mounts to attach silicone letters to personalise it but without them is a plain white tablet.

If anyone sees me at a meet with one of these tablets, he didn't like it.:lmao:

Last edited:

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
I have just bought one of these for my lad. Not sure if I have done the right thing as they are aimed at a younger market (he is 11) but they have good reviews, a protective case, and more importantly great specs (screen not so much) and have third party support for rooting etc. £99.99 delivered and I went through quidco for an extra 2% cashback. I will have to do something about the rear as it has stupid plastic mounts to attach silicone letters to personalise it but without them is a plain white tablet.

That is very impressive for the price. I was wondering how on earth they were managing; it's the screen. Low spec compared to iPads etc.

Still looks very very good to me.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk

Please let me know how it goes, thinking of getting one for my 7 year old.

Cheers

Mike

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
doesnt that run a modified version of android

please do :D

are you on about this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ANDROID-4...=UK_iPad_Tablets_eReaders&hash=item2a287d16eb
just an android ipad and at a realistic price! :rofl:

sounds good

YAY

One on those but with 32gb ram (can use another 32gb via a USB stick). I did think about a Kindle fire but wanted a bigger screen and I think the Android used is modded toward Amazon? The Flytouch plays all the video formats, I did install VLC but as it happens the player that comes with it works fine.

Kingsoft Office seems to work well (from the little I've tried it).
http://www.kingsoftstore.com/kingsoft-office-android.html

The front facing camera is only 1.3mp but thats fine for Skype calls and the microphone is pretty good.

Please let me know how it goes, thinking of getting one for my 7 year old.

Cheers

Mike

Another update, the tablet works like a dream, very fast and seems like good build quality. No problem loading apps and about 6-7 hours battery life with WiFi switched off. The silicone case has already protected it from a small fall. I have been using it with tapatalk on forums and it is very quick loading threads. Regarding the thought of it being too young for him has not been a problem as I set it to start in parent mode so it performs like any other android.

Sent from my battledroid.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Another update, the tablet works like a dream, very fast and seems like good build quality. No problem loading apps and about 6-7 hours battery life with WiFi switched off. The silicone case has already protected it from a small fall. I have been using it with tapatalk on forums and it is very quick loading threads. Regarding the thought of it being too young for him has not been a problem as I set it to start in parent mode so it performs like any other android.

Sent from my battledroid.

Great stuff, thanks for letting me know.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE