Recomendations for a Spinning reel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shutz

Forager
Jan 5, 2011
cumbria
Thanks for the info folks its just what i wanted. It started of just wanting to get a few bits and bobs to do some of the lakes and lochs. But the forums renewed my interest in all things fishy (got put on hold a bit with a young family, but they are growing up so can come too). To the point i will be joining one of the local clubs that has the rights on my local lake and a nice river too. So thanks for that to, but i might have a few more questions. :)

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
Try here,

http://www.lureanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php

Its the Lure anglers society forum, I have been a member for many years now and the forum and its members are really good, friendly and helpful and you should have a browse at your lesuire taking in what you can and when you can.
If you get as in depth with lure fishing as I have been then it gets very intense, precise, confusing not to mention expensive! but at the same time it can be very simple and straight forward and any questions you might have probably have already been asked and answered on there. Do a little search and you will find!
Or any specifics, please feel free to PM me anytime I will be happy to help.

shutz

Forager
Jan 5, 2011
cumbria
Spot on much appreciated. As it looks like salmon and seatrout will be targeted this season, i will be taking you up on the offer and having a look round the forum.
Thanks again

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
My father was a very keen Sea Trout fisherman.... You wont get a finer fighting fish in these waters. Watching them trying to shake the lure on a sunset over the river Clyde, I will always remeber.

Have fun and dont forget to post a picture when you succeed! All the best :)

al.

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
My most used reel here and abroad is a Shimano Exage 1000, brilliant little reel, ideal for the traveller and great for stick floating if yer not into centrepins.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE