reccomendations for a tent light please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

philipb

Forager
Feb 20, 2016
wales
I have had quite a few over the years but all have been very cheap

I now need a new one and before I buy another cheep led thing are there any suggestions for something that works really well

philipb

Forager
Feb 20, 2016
wales
TeeDee thanks for the link you mention 3 lights in your post. out of the 3 what did you like best

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I keep seeing this thread title and thinking 'my Vango Banshee is fairly light for a large one man tent.' Doh!

Alpkit lanterns are supposed to be good, but no personal experience.

Philster

Settler
Jun 8, 2014
Poole, Dorset
I use Poundland LED christmas lights - take an AA battery and last forever. They put out a really nice amount of light and you can rig them up in many ways. Can't go wrong for a pound!!

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
I like those little lights that you can get in go outdoors (and sometimes in Aldi). They look like light bulbs, require just one AA battery and only cost about £4 I find they're plenty bright enough for a small tent and last a decent amount of time on the one battery

FlashPan

Forager
Sep 7, 2015
Norf London
I've bought a couple of these and mightly impressed:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Porta...hash=item41b6110e69:m:m-u_9LnKluNocOcnoc6XU6A

(mine was cheaper than this so look around).

Pros:
Uses a mobile phone type battery and holds charge for very long time (one I bought I left it for 4 months in the box...still had a big charge)
Micro USB - little solar panel picks up even faded light well or you can use a power bank.
Good hanging hook.
Very bright, can also use like a torch
Very long charging lead

Cons:
Not very flat
Battery is not get-at-able (you can break in to the unit though)
No charge level indicator
Solar panel is not waterproof (easy self modification though)

I cannot remember the charging time but still not a worry I reckon

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
I managed to buy an ex display one of these for less than half price. I am pleased with that and I will post a review after I can test it out
Interested in your take as I have the green one and although bright and interestingly designed it discharges completely when stored for any length of time.

K

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE