reasonable multi-tool

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Keep an eye out at the petrol station. They quite often have promotions on with car-related bits and pieces. I've noticed Morrisons do that quite a lot (but that's only because it's the nearest petrol station to me. I'm sure others do as well).That's where I got mine - it's nothing really special, just a pair of pliers and a few other odds and ends on it, but it only cost £2.99. You could also try Wilkinsons. Or Maybe Lidl or Aldi?

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Addendum my vise-grips suggestion.

They are both a plier and a small vise, very handy for repairing stuff. I carry the smallest size I could find. Not as multifunctional as the SwissTool I normally carry at home, but actually dies a better job of the "pliers" bit.

Hetzen

Forager
Feb 5, 2009
West London
Tescos did a steel multi tool based around pliers for under a tenner. Seems pretty well made. Anyone had a bad experience with one of these?

Nov 7, 2008
U.K
i just got one of these multi tools from tescos fairley good but also try thebcb one they come in three sizes

regards, jordan

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I've a Leatherman, Gerber and a couple of cheapo ones, but the blade on the Leatherman is first rate, very sharp. If I'm camping without a fire the only blade I take is on my Leatherman. Any of these tools is worth carrying.

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
I would recomend the leatherman aswell I carry one with me when going out.

Be carefull with the cheap ones as some fall apart.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Have a good long think about the use that you'll put the tool to,
If you are just going to lift the occasional pot off a fire and not much else - then go for a cheapy. However, if you want to use it for rough and tough jobs, go for the best you can afford and find one that will fit your hand.

ATB

Ogri the trog

C

catman61

second nonsuch blacks are good, also look in homebase £13 with locks under 3" so legal.Had mine nearly 15 years (not bad for a cheapy!)

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
I recently bought the Bahco one from work. Have been looking at it for a while, seems like a good bit of it for under £10. Probably wouldn't have bought it without the name on it -- have wasted money in the past on garbage but figured if it's Bahco...

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
If all you want is pliers but the back up of a blade is also an advantage try a skeletool (made by leatherman) excellent blade (this does lock though) also has a couple of screwdriver bits. On a plus point its lighter than the leatherman standard but you lose the file, saw, scissors etc.

I have both the classic and the Skeletool and I always take to Skele now.

Hope this helps.

Andy

smoggy

Forager
Mar 24, 2009
North East England
I have a "true" which is a fairly good tool, these can be found at very reasonable cost and also have a cheapo from a supermarket.....both are decent tools but the quality is generaly relfected in the price!

Smoggy

Chinkapin

Settler
Jan 5, 2009
Kansas USA
Leatherman or one of the clones makes a version with vise-grip jaws. I have seen them in the past but not recently. They would be my choice.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE