Ready made kit for Car travel?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Can anyone recommend a ready made kit for Car travel - I'd make one up from scratch but have limited time. Something that covers the basics with a little room for extras - Cars not massive so looing for something reasonably compact

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Car maintenance / breakdown

Its a gift for the festivities and I'm looking for something that covers the basics that can be built on

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I don't really understand the question, @Corso

Do you want to buy a packed bag or what?

If you would tell me where you want to use in which temperatures a camping equipment with how many persons I could tell you what I would buy, depending on your car.
And if you want to buy a tent of course the price you can pay is relevant.

I own a tent that costs nearly 1000 € and a second one that costs 23 € and both have nearly the same size and work equally in most conditions.
But in some conditions I would risk my life with the cheap one.

I own an incredible comfortable fire heated tent, that takes quit time to pitch it and an other that I pitch in 2 Minutes.

One is good for staying in a single camp , the other is made to change the place every day.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
So a gift
Car maintenance - Shampoo, wax, applicator. Several great brands out there. Some car manufacturers have great ready assembled kits.
Porsche had ( have?) one that was fantastic, Zymol products inside.
Car repair - credit card. or a mobile phone.

I am going to give a car related X-mas presen too,t to son. 4 new tyres for his Defender. Not under the tree though.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I have all my automotive repairs done in a single private shop.
I asked the owner what sort of First Aid kit he keeps in the shop.
I bought 2 of them = home and vehicle. About $75.00 iirc.
The kit opens like a fat book of pages with a zipper cover.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
When I had a car in had a small box in the boot in which I kept
A down sleeping bag.
A litre of tap water replaced weekly to keep it fresh.
A small camping stove with gas
A lighter
A trangia kettle
Two insulated mugs and spork
A plastic container with teabags sugar sachets coffee sachets and some instant milk
Some instant soup and cereal bars plus chocolate
First aid kit
Warning triangle
Jump leads
Reflective vests X2
Emergency blankets X2
Flashing lantern and a torch with extra batteries.
You can keep adding but as my car broke down regularly I found this was enough as I had RAC rescue. Sometimes you have to wait some while so a way to warn traffic, keep myself safe and warm with a hot drink and a munchie was important.

Last edited:

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
It always pays to remember the mnemonic FAK when making up a First Aid Kit (see what I did there...) or breakdown kit..

F - Form of training

Get some form of training in the use of everything in the kit. If that's a St John's First Aid course or simply reading a book in the library, get the knowledge that you need. Incidentally, have you ever brought a new power tool, got it home and tried to use it without reading the instructions....

A - Accessible

Make sure the kit, mechanical or medical, is easily accessible. No point having it stashed in the boot under the spare wheel if it's lashing it down with rain, at night and bolted in... more importantly, not being able to open your first aid kit with one hand isn't going to do you much good if you have a serious bleed.

K - Know what's in it

Regular checks of degradable items is important. Batteries die in the cold and opened swabs or patches are no longer sterile. Always check items and replace them if they're suspect.

I think the above works for any type of 'kit' that we may carry. Hope it helps!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
If it was snowy I'd also put in a folding shovel and a couple of deconstructed cardboard boxes. Handy to dig out and put the cardboard under the wheels for grip .
You can get snow grip sheets but cardboard works aswell and costs nothing.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE