Re; traveling to turkey (knife)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Thomas74

May 12, 2014
Suffolk,England
Hello I wasn't sure where to place this thread; Anyway I'm off to turkey
This month and want to buy a decent knife to use while I'm out there.eg.benchmade,spyderco, bark river to name a few! possibly a custom if I could get my hands on one. (also I hope to save money from buying from Turkey) I have a holdall so I should have no
Problem getting the it back to the uk. Ideally I would go to a shop near me. But I have no clue of what's around me , so I think I would buy online however I can't find any gear,pocket knife onlineshops in turkey. I am staying near a place called ölüdeniz so if any of you guys have been to the Aegen region of Turkey or have come across a knife shop that would possibly have a website if any of you would help me it would be much appreciated 🎩🍻
:-D

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Take a locking swiss army knife, preferably a nice red one.

Do not spend lots of money on a knife to take and use in Turkey, do not try to take anything that doesn't look like a harmless camping pocket knife into Turkey.

I walked through ölüdeniz a few years back, it is a lovely part of the world, the people are really pleasant and generous, the scenery is fantastic.

If you try to get a fixed blade knife in to (or out of) the country, even if it is in your hold luggage you may well get into a spot of bother (I did). :)

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Ok will do! Are there any gear shops?
Did you get the FB back then or not?; that's ridiculous.
I don't know the size of the town or city :)

Google Maps will help you there, click this link.

It isn't a particularly big place, some tea shops and lots of nice veg and fruit. You won't pick up camping or outdoor gear of any kind I'd think.

Yes, it was returned, it was sitting in a hard to find office in Amsterdam airport where the helpful senior Turkish police officer had said it would be.

:)

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Merhaba (you’ll get to hear that a lot) :), I went to turkey a few years ago, mostly the dalyan/fethiye/ekincik region, though not actually oludeniz itself. There wasn’t any outdoor or camping shops at all and you are unlikely to find one so if I was you I’d get sorted in the uk before you go (though i can't speak specifically of oludeniz i would expect it to be the same), and take ''Sandbenders advice''. One thing the people are very welcoming and friendly indeed, in the shops I was often treated to a glass of tea and a chair as well, even if I just wanted a bag of Turkish delight sweets, the people are really nice. There is some really lovely places and scenery; you’ll love it, ATB :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE