Rays new series 1st prog on the Birch bark canoe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I set my DVD to record RM's new programme, not only did the DVD player fail to record, my Sky box displayed technical fault 5 mins after the programme started and froze till I returned home, and my girlfriend recorded the wrong channel on video at her place. AAAAAAAAaaaaaaarrrgh :(

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Ho hum, my folks' forgot to tape it for me :( I'll just have to wait for the DVD.

technically it's illegal as you have to ask permission from the owner of the rights to the program. In theory, even if you record it for your own use, you have to pay a replay fee to all of the actors involved and the owners of the rights to whatever it is, and whoever wrote the theme tune every time you watch it. Of course, this is all in theory as it's impossible to enforce.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Thinking about it, I'm sure I heard somewhere that a recording from television is OK as long as it is recorded over in a certain amount of time, so you can't tape a film and keep it forever, you have a certain time that you can keep it before it must be recorded over. But, as you say, who will enforce it?

Spamel

hootchi

Settler
it looks like this weeks program will be a good one. I wonder if he will use his new birch bark canoe? :cool:

bbc 2 listings:
Ray Mears' Bushcraft
Thu 28 Apr, 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm 60mins

Travel by canoe is the ultimate Bushcraft journey. It offers the chance to move at the pace of the river, to surrender your life to the rhythm of the water. A canoe makes no noise, leaves no trace and creates no pollution, it's the perfect way to get close to the natural world.

Ray paddles through the Canadian wilderness down a river that was once an arterial route for the fur trade. He encounters moose and beaver and shares his bushcraft knowledge on the journey with canoe expert Ray Goodwin.

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
Nice info Hootchie :)

I saw a trailer for the programme late last night and it showed him travelling down some white water and slower river all set in beautiful pin fringed locations in Canada. It also had a shot of him whittling a new wooden paddle with his knife ;) Looks another good programme!

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
'cording to the book, he didn't trust the birch bark - something to do with the quality caused by acid rain, global warming etc, so he used a cedar/canvas canoe instead. Shame really.

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
spamel said:
Thinking about it, I'm sure I heard somewhere that a recording from television is OK as long as it is recorded over in a certain amount of time, so you can't tape a film and keep it forever, you have a certain time that you can keep it before it must be recorded over. But, as you say, who will enforce it?

Spamel

I thought it'd be okay as long as you dont use it for public performance , charge for it plagiarise it etc ?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE