Bergans Ally Folding Canoe 16.5' Drk Green. BRAND NEW SKIN

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Fursty Ferret

Oct 16, 2011
Oxford
IMG_0423.jpgIMG_0422.jpgIMG_0421.jpgIMG_0418.jpgIMG_0417.jpgIMG_0416.jpgIMG_0415.jpgIMG_0414.jpgIMG_0413.jpgIMG_0412.jpgIMG_0411.jpgIMG_0279.jpgIMG_0275.jpgIMG_0270.jpgIMG_0273.jpgIMG_0266.jpg
'Large carry capacity, with high stability on flat waters and in rivers. For many years the 16.5’ DR has been the no. 1 choice of expeditions all over the world. The canoe is suitable for 2-3 persons with gear, or 2 adults and 2 children. ALLY 16.5´ DR has the same shape as 15’ DR but a longer, less rockered keel line, which increases directional stability.' Good for heavy white water.

18kg weight total. Very stable and very manouverable. Foam base provides good insulation and float.

BRAND NEW SKIN, 2 Paddles, Mallet (pursuader), 2 Seats and Expedition Repair Kit included.

Poles marked for easy assembly.

*Please note, some of the internal wire strands were worn shortly after purchasing the canoe because Ally had not smoothed the ends of the poles (now done). This affects 3 wires of which I'm aware but they have been like this for over two years now with no change (see photos). Would wrap with Gorilla tape or the like (haven't done this so far); this has not been done so that the buyer may inspect/is aware. Recommend either taking spare wires (app. £6) or strong climbing cord if taking the canoe on journeys abroad.

*Please note, poles now have a slight bend that is natural to the shape of the canoe.

*Please note, one of the paddles was starting to splinter slightly on the shaft so was taped up (see photos). Electrical tape has also been used on the blades to prevent wear and tear.

A truly portable canoe but will likely be a colosal pain in the **** to post so here goes.

£650 inc P&P/Delivery of some sorts.

Last edited:

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Someone stands to pick up the bargain of the year buying this.

You won't get much closer to a "real" canoe without all the major hassles of car topping and storage, indeed these things trump a hard shell on quite a few points.

They take a little while to assemble but after that they're spot on. ;)
[video=youtube;Om4HTvAP9nA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om4HTvAP9nA[/video]
quite a few other vids including a few showing time-lapsed assembly.

If this had been just a couple of months earlier, I'd have taken your hand clean off:rolleyes:

Good luck with the sale, if you haven't already, I'll post a link to this thread on sotp.

Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE