Ray VS Bear

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
I haven't actually written anything on this subject (if you don't a small post on Rays superior punching power, and weight advantage, but that wasn't serious), as I hadn't seen anything by Bear. I don't have a TV so I'm quite restrictive in choosing what I want to see. Last weekend I was down at my familys house, and as it happened this bear figure was on. I honestly couldn't finish the program. What a total IDIOT that guy is! How can anybody choose to p1ss their time away watching that moron? That guy should seriously increase his ritalin dosage, he must have some kind of concentration deficiency disorder. No disrespect to anybody who has that, but come on, even my mom who has worked with special ed classes wondered what was wrong with him. Couldn't stand him or his program concept. Maybe it's me, who don't watch so much tele who has grown soft?

Anyway, Ray, Les Stroud, Les hiddins, basically anybody BUT Bear gets my wote. My fav is probably Hugh Fearnly Whittingstall though, now that's a good show, slow tempo, nice evenly cut, and no intention of making dramatic scenes. Bushcraft? Maybe not, but wild food at least.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Too often :rolleyes: :sigh:

And I know it as seven p's too.

Prior planning and preparation prevents a p (retty) poor performance.

cheers,
Toddy

Husky

Nomad
Oct 22, 2008
Sweden, Småland
Mr Grylls is full of good knowledge, I´m sure, but why does he have the table manners of a five year old?
When ever he eats or drinks something it squirts all over the place.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
That guy should seriously increase his ritalin dosage, he must have some kind of concentration deficiency disorder. No disrespect to anybody who has that, but come on, even my mom who has worked with special ed classes wondered what was wrong with him.

Having a child that suffers with ADHD(and takes ritalin) I see where you are going,
though I find it best not to mix medical conditions with Insults:bluThinki

but putting all the Gruesome stuff to one side for a second,

he was the youngest Brit to acent everest
he was in the SAS,
and past training in the french foreign legion and has continued to a TV career.

doesn't sound like ADHD to me.....

ADHD would cause major problems in concentration and academic dificulties which would be a real problem in the SAS.

I may be wrong but I think he might just be an extrovert, that likes to push peoples boundries.

Ray mears on the other hand (seeming more introvert) can seem a bit boring, especially the series with the food scientist chap, old bearded scientists nibbling nut's and berries is not good telly, zzzzzzz (why is it that all i remember about that series is the wierdy beardy eating?)

compare that to a guy climbing up cliff faces and eating live animals? I know Which I prefer!

But, if you want to learn stuff....Ray Mears every time! just not as exciting!

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
homer_simpson_scream.jpg
simpsons-animation-itchy-and-scratc.gif
ad infinitum.....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
Having a child that suffers with ADHD(and takes ritalin) I see where you are going,
though I find it best not to mix medical conditions with Insults:bluThinki

I have also some experiences with ADHD, and I don't see how you can see that as an insult? I think he should have himself checked out by a doctor and a psychiatrist (sp.?). He shows a lot of the typical symptoms IMHO. But I'm not a doctor. Just some experiences.

I think good tv is in the eye of the beholder. And in my view this is not good tv.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
I have also some experiences with ADHD, and I don't see how you can see that as an insult? I think he should have himself checked out by a doctor and a psychiatrist (sp.?). He shows a lot of the typical symptoms IMHO. But I'm not a doctor. Just some experiences.

I think good tv is in the eye of the beholder. And in my view this is not good tv.

He shows a lot of the typical symptoms IMHO.
No, you are wrong.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/conditions/attention2.shtml
the only "typical symptom" that you could assume is linked with ADHD would be
BBC health: Engaging in physically dangerous activities without considering the consequences
that describes every adrenalin junkie in the world.

I have also some experiences with ADHD
I think if this was the case you'd realise it could offend people then,

But I'm not a doctor.
yup, I'd agree with that!

I'm just saying think you should be carefull :bluThinki

Perhaps like many people in the media he knows what will cause controversy and therefore will cause greater viewing figures? much like the "Bush tucker trials", "Big Brother", and all the police chase stuff that's around.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Or was it the 13 P's :rolleyes:

Previous, Prior, Practical, Perfectionist Planning, and Pedantic Preparation, Prevents a Potentially Pee-Pee Poor Performance

i don't remember

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
:) I missed the first thread as did others and It's nice to chat with "live people on BCUK" i think most of us like to hear other peoples opinions as long as it's friendly and unpredudiced.

sorry what does "***" mean?:confused:

gzornenplat

Forager
Jan 21, 2009
Surrey
That's the trouble with people joining all the time. They weren't in on it before, so why not?

But for the people who have heard it ten times before, it isn't that interesting. Mind you,
the first time they talked about it, it was the tenth time for someone else.

I've been a victim of this in (unrelated) forums, and eventually most of the topics have been
covered, and there's very little new coming up.

sorry what does "***" mean?:confused:

For Fred's Sake! (or something like that).

O

open_life

ray all the way.........
grill's mite be a better chioce for a film like 28 days l8r

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
(& BTW, it's 6 'p's. not 5.)

I know it as the 7 p's :lmao:

Proper Planning (and) Preperation Prevents p155 Poor Performance.

Times must change. Its the same with anything, people add their own twist or try to be a bit different.

The message is still the same.

DON'T F*** UP :D

Edit, Comparing Bear and Ray ( who i both respect for different reasons) is like comparing Rugby and American Football. Sure in both games you hold and run with the ball, throw it about, jump and stomp on each other, but it just ain't the same game.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE