Ray on the One Show

Oakleaf

Jun 6, 2004
Moray
Those Bruce Willis interpersonal skills seminars were definitely wasted money....:)

Suspect book and shows will prove popular none the less!

Despite shambolic attempt at humour above, I often get the feeling that I'd be pretty wooden on something like that and perhaps the more 'straight forward' you are the greater the potential to not come over with p-zazz?

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Was there any need to comment on the chaps weight? :rolleyes:

well yes I think so, he's been getting a bit chubby recently, too much time broadcasting on t.v. shows, not enough exersise. I'd like too do, I mean see him do a series on bushcraft things but more indepth than mainstream t.v. allows maybe on a digital channel like "Dave"

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
well yes I think so, he's been getting a bit chubby recently, too much time broadcasting on t.v. shows, not enough exersise. I'd like too do, I mean see him do a series on bushcraft things but more indepth than mainstream t.v. allows maybe on a digital channel like "Dave"

You do know that due to Lymes Disease he has health problems? LINK. Part of the reason he's put on weight.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Not blessed with a surfeit of personality is the chubby one, or so I've always felt.

Was there any need to comment on the chaps weight? :rolleyes:

You do know that due to Lymes Disease he has health problems? LINK. Part of the reason he's put on weight.

That explains a few things...

My Uncle though, a semi-pro footballer and a evening league cricketer as well as pub landlord was always known as "Chubby" right from being a young lad up to his death in the early seventies, Just like my Dad was always known as "Lofty" to all his TA mates because he was over 6'6" tall (A clinical giant back then)...Not to sure why an old friend is known as Nobby though, as he is a Marsh, not a Clarke...

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
That explains a few things...

My Uncle though, a semi-pro footballer and a evening league cricketer as well as pub landlord was always known as "Chubby" right from being a young lad up to his death in the early seventies, Just like my Dad was always known as "Lofty" to all his TA mates because he was over 6'6" tall (A clinical giant back then)...Not to sure why an old friend is known as Nobby though, as he is a Marsh, not a Clarke...

so that's" nobby chubby and lofty " ? Priceless

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales

As Goatboy said the chap did have medical reasons for gaining weight.

Perhaps if you and others here had nursed people (as I have) with weight problems ranging from morbid obesity to Anorexia and see the way it impacts physically and mentally on their lives you'd stop being so personally rude to people and passing stupid comments that can be hurtful not just to the person in question but to readers of your posts?

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I was never a racing snake, and with working outside and hitting the gym when younger was always the big guy people got to lift stuff and stop people. Then with a combination of lifestyle change and ill-health (also lymes disease) I piled on the weight. Luckily for me I "took ownership" (I hate these phrases) of it and had as much fun about being overweight at my own expense.
Stuff still hurt, mainly my inability to do stuff I'd done before like climb and move across country quickly. Luckily wooing beautiful women was still there.:)

This year through, being careful, no alcohol, new pacemaker (due to lymes) and some muscle wastage I've lost over 6 stone/84 pounds/38Kg most two thirds of that in the last couple of months.

Luckily my personality made my former weight not too much of a problem, conversely the muscle wastage has hit me harder as I cant blinking open and lift stuff. But I've seen the damage teasing did to some fellow heavy folk. Skinny folk can hate being picked up on the fact too though.

Lymes can be pretty devastating, has changed all aspects of and has shortened expectancy of my life. Just make sure that from a karmic point of view it doesn't bite you!

ATB,
GB.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
My weight dropped off when I had TB a couple of years ago, went from 110kg to <70kg, put a lot back on but have levelled off as of a couple of months ago. I need to watch it now I've COPD as I'm more sedentary and what I eat will tend to stay round my waist if I'm not careful. Growing older gracefully ain't all its cracked up to be lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE