Ray Mears

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spoony

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 6, 2005
tyne and wear
www.bike2hike.co.uk

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Does the scarce one have any information in it that isn't available elsewhere? If not, best let someone else pay for it....

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
spoony said:
you can still get that, its a smaller version, differnt cover, but same content, and its the same as the hard back one where hes walking across the hills, all the same book, just different covers,

It is essentailly the same but is slightly different.... they have cut out some of the pics and some of the text has changed slightly!

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
....... oh yes and apparently that rare one (the hreen one with 9 pics) has been reprinted and is available from raymears.com - it is the outdoor survival handbook (and the copy i got was signed ;) )

Tutchi

Forager
Nov 15, 2005
Scotland
:)
Oh well thats OK. It was just I missed it by minutes and had it been THE one at that price it would have been the dog's danglies. :)

Cheers Guys
Tutchi
:cool:

Jan 13, 2004
Czech Republic
g4ghb said:
....... oh yes and apparently that rare one (the hreen one with 9 pics) has been reprinted and is available from raymears.com - it is the outdoor survival handbook (and the copy i got was signed ;) )

No mate. i think they're different books. 'A practical guide to Woodcraft and Woodlore' was first published in 1990, and the Outdoor Survival Handobook in 1992, it's just that both have had reprints. The practical guide is no longer in print as far as i know and IS a very good read, and that's the point, there is much more reading involved and you get to see quite a lot of the complexities. Bushcraft came out, the one with loads of colourful pictures, in order to try and make his knowledge on the subject more accessible to the wider public.

I would love to be corrected, if i could justify it i would pay the high price necessary if i were to get one off ebay. My friend has one though so i can borrow that.

My advice is, if you have the money snap it up.

Ratel10mm

Tenderfoot
Nov 11, 2005
Southern Oxfordshire
Hi Tom Tom

Mine is 'The Survival Handbook. 9 hotos below that, then underneath it says 'A practical guide to Woodcraft and Woodlore'
It says on the flyleaf copyright 1990 Raymond Mears.
First published, blah blah.
This edition published 1994 by the promotional reprint company, blah blah.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
Ratel10mm said:
Hi Tom Tom

Mine is 'The Survival Handbook. 9 hotos below that, then underneath it says 'A practical guide to Woodcraft and Woodlore'
It says on the flyleaf copyright 1990 Raymond Mears.
First published, blah blah.
This edition published 1994 by the promotional reprint company, blah blah.

yeh that sounds like it.. if its green.. it is! its out of print and considered by meny to be his best book..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE