Ray Mears new book

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Yes I suspect it will be the one on the canadian traders as is currently being filmed (or perhaps completed)
Does Ray write all his books himself, or does he have researchers/writers help him?

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
More info in this thread :)

"Hodder & Stoughton are listing 'Northern Wilderness' as the title for a new book from Ray Mears, Amazon list the same book under the alternative title 'Into the North' I'm guessing that this will be the book of the new series...

Link here

"NORTHERN WILDERNESS is a stunning celebration of one of earth`s great wildernesses. Ray Mears journeys on foot, by canoe and by snowshoe through mountains, forests, tundra and ice in a land where roads are still scarce.

He explores the vast Boreal Forest and its rich animal life from beavers to bears. He travels across the Hudson Bay by canoe, and tells the story of the fur trade and trappers who traded with the hat manufacturers of England. Ray follows the paths of the great early northern explorers, Samuel Hearn and David Thompson, who survived through their knowledge of what we now call bushcraft, as they trekked across the tundra and the Rocky Mountains. He explores the frozen north and learns the ways of the Inuit, who teach him how to combat snow blindness and build shelter.

This book is rich in bushcraft, as Ray explains the unique survival techniques of the Native Canadians and the Inuit, as well as how the prospectors in the gold rush used bushcraft skills to survive in this inhospitable but awesome landscape."

ISBN : 9780340980828
Pub Date : 03/09/2009"

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
I didn't read the threads on the new series. Sorry about that folks.

Sound like it's going to be a corker though. Hopefully there'll be lots of skills intermingled with some of the stories about the local indiginous people and the pioneers and explorers.
Excellent stuff. Something to look forward to for early Autumn. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE