Ray Mears on ready steady cook!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Clearly he's never had them done properly, steamed to perfection still has bite to it and lovely and sweet tasting.
how can people NOT like sprouts?

Totally agree, finish them with a minute in a frying pan with butter and some lardons of crispy streaky smoked bacon and it's the best bit of a Sunday roast/Christmas lunch!

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
I don't think he's on a slippery slope to "naff celebrityism", I think the whole thing was just too rushed for him. On a good note though he did win money for his selected charity, and a good one at that. Unfortunately for him one that he (and his deceased wife) has no doubt had experience with.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
He was fine on the show but hates sprouts!... shoot the man lol. Good buttered or quartered and fried with diced smokey bacon (sprouts that is) :)

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
I read that people who dislike sprouts have more tastebuds than those who like them.
:D

Pretty sure it's not more, just bigger. You can do a test yourself. If you get a piece of card and punch a regular paper-punch-sized hole in it then dab a bit of food colouring on your tongue so you can see the lumps properly and then you can measure how many lumps you see in the hole. If you have less lumps showing (and therefore bigger) than someone else (I think is was 3-4 lumps in the hole) then you are a super-taster and can taste the extra chemicals in green foods such as sprouts whereas someone who has more lumps in the same sized hole cannot taste them.

Too much punctuation? :confused: :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE