Ray Mears lecture tour 2010

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Well I for one had a great time :)

RayandME.jpg

As I said be for I have nothing to compare it to, so had a good time and got to ask my questions on a one to one :)

And Bigfoot he said he cant remember lending you 6 quid?? lol

Changed batteries so date wrong!

pwb

Nice pic SS :D.
I was at the Perth one and really enjoyed it :) .
I agree, not as much content as the last one I attended but still good, the host could have been better perhaps someone more into Bushcrafty stuff perhaps.

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Was very pleased to meet him in person, was cutting through the back car park on my way to the B&B. As been said lots before he seems to be a relay genuine guy.

Hopefully might get to goto a more bush'y talk in the future. But did enjoy it and I was sat next to Limaed whats the odds on that lol

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Was very pleased to meet him in person, was cutting through the back car park on my way to the B&B. As been said lots before he seems to be a relay genuine guy.

Hopefully might get to goto a more bush'y talk in the future. But did enjoy it and I was sat next to Limaed whats the odds on that lol

Hey I can't believe you bumped into him later, awesome. I should have got him to come out on the hill the weekend:)

Just come back from the Edinburgh show.

Absolute waste of money and an evening. I went to his previous talk/slideshow tour which I really enjoyed. This was self indulgent nonsense and a lazy way for him to make a few quid.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
I'm just back from the Edinburgh show, I enjoyed it, I'd been there before for the pictures tour and did prefer that style of talk, but this was ok, I liked the topics and there was some genuinely interesting stuff.

ScotsSurvival

Oct 12, 2010
Scotland
The misses (v-ness) and myself went and seen Ray in Aberdeen and I have to agree with Mikey's assessment of the format. This was my first time seeing Ray in the flesh and I did enjoy the talk.

My biggest beef was actually with the interviewer. When he asked a question he always made out the audience was stupid and had never been anywhere, read anything or watched any programmes on the subject. There was a question about big cats from an audience memeber and I was surprised how Ray answered it as he said he had three sightings.

I was at the Belfast show last night as well. I really enjoyed it. The interviewer,Brian Black, is a respected Wildlife film maker and has been to many of the remote and wild places that Ray himself had visited during his travels. His questions to Ray I found insightful and enlightening. We managed to get a meeting with Ray during the interval and he was charming and friendly.
DSC_0008-2.jpg

Here's Paul presenting Ray with a NIBA badge as a momento of his visit.

DSC_0011.jpg

Ray with myself and Paul.

Paul72

Nomad
Jan 29, 2010
Northern Ireland
I was there too last night in Belfast, a great evening and I wish it could have gone on longer. Also got a chance to meet Ray afterwards for a book signing, thouroughly nice bloke and wish I could have chatted to him for longer.

Paul72

Nomad
Jan 29, 2010
Northern Ireland
what did u guys think of some of the QA questions, some had me near in hysterics with laughter like his uma thurman desert island answer

Generally i thought the questions were sensible (except the BG one!) but what was the reason behind the Uma Thurman one ??????

i agree other than the mandatory (it would seem) BG one the questions were well thought out and genuinely good. the uma thurman one where he was asked what 3 things he would take on a desert island and he said a bowler hat, fake moustace and uma thurman so he could but the hat and stash on her and say guess who i'm stuck on an island with. genius.

Well I was at the Aberdeen one ther other night and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Even got a couple books signed at the end by him. Some of the audience questions were good as well and there was the obligatory BG one. He seemed a bit hush hush on his next projects though, mainly due to whether it will get past the tv companies.

David.s

Forager
Jan 27, 2007
Glasgow
www.myspace.com_evil_scrappy
I think i have to agree with Mikey P, i much preferred his show last time.

Interviewer was pretty bad imo.

Took my uncle who has seen a few of his shows but doesn't know much about him and he said he enjoyed it, so not a wasted night.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
I was at the Aberdeen show too, and although I preferred the previous format, I enjoyed this one enough for it not to have been a waste of money.

What I was gutted at was an aquaintence of mine was chauffeuring Ray whilst in Scotland and apparently he was looking out for me to introduce me and my wife to Ray, and I think even invite us out for a curry with him. Gutted does not even come close......

gazmc2

Forager
Oct 5, 2008
Grantown-on-Spey
Fixed that for you Gaz. :D

What'd you think of the show?

Liam

aye met with stjon for a quick one b4 it whichv was nice.

the show i thought was ok as it's the 1st time i'd seen him live so was interesting but as with others i thot the format was iffy, personally i would have preferred (& expected) him to be giving the talk instead of some guy asking him a question then looking totally uninterested in ray's answer.

enjoyed it all the same.

cheers

gaz!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE