Ray Mears in Glasgow

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

R Doull

Tenderfoot
Aug 23, 2006
Scotland
lol what?? I had a case of the hic-ups when i typed that one ;)

ahh true though.. now-a-days I don't drink much.. but I made up for it in my youth.. and for some reason still have the reputation with a select few.. :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I was indeed, brand new quaich, fifteen folks around a campfire and I still went home with three quarters of a bottle of Glen Fiddich :rolleyes: Yeah we really drink lots, don't we ? Tea and coffee maybe :D

atb,
M

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
I think too much the night before might have been a factor. Off topic a bit but got hold of a proper ex army wool blanket at last Mary.So when swmbo gets out of hospital we will have a go at that shirt at long last.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I think too much the night before might have been a factor. Off topic a bit but got hold of a proper ex army wool blanket at last Mary.So when swmbo gets out of hospital we will have a go at that shirt at long last.

Snap........I have been looking for one for ages got one today for £8 courtesy of the wife and I intend to use half for a blanket and the other half for a shirt using Toddys neolithic method

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Aye, well, my birth certificate and my passport both declare it, so it must be true. :rolleyes:
Actually there are a lot of nice bits in Hamilton, and a lot more nice places around it. I only stay the other side of the bridge now.

West Lothian..........lots of bings there too, aren't there ? :p

cheers,
Toddy

Halfdevil333

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 3, 2006
On the Banks of Loch Lomond
I was indeed, brand new quaich, fifteen folks around a campfire and I still went home with three quarters of a bottle of Glen Fiddich :rolleyes: Yeah we really drink lots, don't we ? Tea and coffee maybe :D

atb,
M

Nae wonder you went home with the bottle of Glen Fiddich i think its the most over rated malt.I think its really rough and im not alone a few people i spoke too think the same.Feel free to comment/slag etc etc etc...:beerchug:

Scott

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Nope, you'll get full agreement with me over that one.........remember Burnbank ? well Glen Fiddich beats it hands down :(
I didn't know, I just bought a bottle of 12yo malt to wet the new quaich and share around the fire...........even my whisky drinking younger son won't touch it. :eek:

I'm thinking about trying it for sloe whisky this year just to use it up.

cheers,
M

Halfdevil333

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 3, 2006
On the Banks of Loch Lomond
I might ask Mr Mears whats the most important thing to do when you reach your camp for the night

put up your shelter/tent/hammock :confused:

or

Get your fire going :confused:

or

Or get the Whisky/beers cracked? :yikes: :beerchug:

Cheers
Scott[/LIST]

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
Has a venue for pre Ray drink been decided? I suggest The Press Bar, the only reals Glesga' pub in the area...any takers?
jon
PS
Sniper, remember the green stuff, ; )

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
got my tickets through today as well maybe see you for a beer people ! not seen you ,Mary since the meet at the woods (can,t for the life of me remember the name of them woods)

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
Albion St, it used to be under the Herald print works, now yuppie flats, yes the rocket fuel Sniper...
jon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE