Ray Mears at Newcastle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Father Jake

Oct 22, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello all.

Long time no post. I was at Newcastle Volvo Tyne Theater on the 2/10/13 for an Evening with Ray Mears and was lucky to get my question read out by Ray himself. The question was, 'I have recently started fly fishing and would like to know where is the most beautiful/fruitful place you have ever fished?' Anyway, I was so gobsmacked he read it out, I didn't really listen to what he said. I remember him saying, 'New Zealand.... crystal clear...... but that might have not been a good idea!'

Can anybody remember what he said? It isn't half bugging me.

Cheers

Jake.

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
It was a similar experience for me, although my question was altogether more simple than yours. In Edinburgh I asked what was his favourite tree. I was lucky in that I got to tell him I was the one who asked him the question at the book signing.

Father Jake

Oct 22, 2010
North Yorkshire
I didn't have £20 on me or I would have bought the book from the theater and ask Ray to sign it so I could ask him. I did have 'Ray mears outdoor survival handbook' in my bag. I should have asked him to sign that!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE