Raw Food, Meat, Plants Etc

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Alot of wild food raw I find a bit rough on the system. I feel it has to be cooked. I far as i know we have had fire long enough for our teeth to evolve to be smaller, so wouldn't be surprised if our digestion has changed too. I have never had wild carrots or parsnips, but things like brassicas are far too rich to eat in the wild raw state and even cooked I find only a small amount is needed to feel like you have had nutrition. Roots tend to be hard and tasteless. It is like comparing a hydroponic polytunnel blueberry with a wild bilberry the vitamin content feels some much higher in wild food.

Before our species had fire we ate raw food, but that was a very long time ago, and people have changed. There is a lot of debate on how long ago that was, but sprouting wisdom teeth at early age must of been very helpful. I once went vegan for a few months and my digestive system felt really healthy for it, but eating a raw diet from 250,000 years ago is a bit much for a modern human to remain healthy.

Emma i have read through that link, the word 'quackery' come to mind.

Sickboy

Nomad
Sep 12, 2005
London
Had steak tartar once, just couldnt get on with the egg yoke, made me gag just looking at it, no egg in future! Went to a lebaniese resturant off Oxford st last year and had what was in essence goat tartar, that was very nice, with raw sweet onions if i remember rightly.
As for veg, i prefer all my veg raw, carrots don't last long round here:D

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Solitude, who is the author and what is the context of this quote?

I did a quick search and the only place I can find this article is in a pet/human food article quoted on a website called “Wysong the thinking person’s website” which overall seems at first to be a website promoting healthily living for pet and yourself. However, in reality seems, to me at least, to be one giant advert for its own brand of health pet food. Lots of the raw food /cooked food information seems to be extrapolated from a study in to cats and their diet, done in the 1930’s. (Pottenger’s Cats a study in nutrition)
There is a section on Human food, where you can buy their specially processed range of healthy shakes, snacks and formulas. Oh and inspirational tapes, books, pamphlets, and television recordings of Dr Wysong (a Vet). Who from what I have read is “a young earth creationist” who believes that the earth is less than six thousand years old.:rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE