Rat pack alternatives

mrcairney

Settler
Jun 4, 2011
West Pennine Moors
If, like me, you don't eat rice (amongst other things) it can be hard to pick up BIB meals at supermarkets. So I've been looking for some good alternatives to the usuals (Wayfayers etc)

Stumbled across these:

http://www.lookwhatwefound.co.uk/Page/index.aspx

On first look, the seem good. Good prices (their most expensive Venison stew is still cheaper than the cheapest Wayfayrer hot pot I can find), great recipes Good calorific input and come gluten and lactose free.

I've yet to try some as I'm financially embarrassed until EOM but I'll be sure to post back but thought I'd share too.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
These have been talked about a lot here in the past, very good quality size but the portions are small and need filling out with rice or pasta/spuds.

mrcairney

Settler
Jun 4, 2011
West Pennine Moors
You say that, but I haven't seen (so far) a BIB larger than 300g. The Wayfayrers are the same weight and seem only to have equal if not lower kcals. In theory you could eat 2 for the price of 1 of the alternatives, I suppose. The dehydrated stuff has calories and portion size down to a fine art, but they're crazy expensive. It'd be cheaper to pay for a taxi to the nearest Maccy D's (forgive the hyperbole!)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Have you thought about making some of your own Steve? You can pick up a dehydrator for a little over £30

Asda's boil bags work well or Pour&Store bags can be found in the £1 shops.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE