RAT/Esee Izula users?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

paolo

Life Member
Dec 30, 2009
Veneto, Northeastern Italy
I have bought about one year ago, the black one with the survival kit (not needing it but it was the only one available, and for the same price of the plain one).
It's one of the knives I won't ever give away. Small and light enough to be carried as companion blade, it takes a good edge and it's really sturdy.
I love it.

Tye Possum

Nomad
Feb 7, 2009
Canada
I have one in a box, in a drawer and I'm not supposed to open it until the 23rd (my birthday), the wait is killing me!

I guess I can't say anything about the Izula in particular as I've obviously not used mine yet but I have an RC-4 (or ESEE-4 now) and I think it's a good knife. If the Izula is the same quality as the RC-4 then it should be good too.

The factory edge on my RC-4 was great, a very even grind and a lot sharper than I thought it would be, I expect the Izula to be the same. The Izula is about 4mm thick though and in quite a small package, plus it's flat ground, so it's no scandi ground carving knife but I'm sure it's plenty sharp for a general use neck knife (I wouldn't want to do much carving with a skeletonized neck knife anyway).

Oh and you should definately get it in tactical pink! :p

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
Arrived today, I got the "survival" kit with it as I hoped the add ons for the molle etc would be used...........turns out its compatable with a teklok, got the scales too.First impressions are really good, its certainly something I would not fear of putting to hard use and it comes with a decent enough edge but I will heed the above posts and if I think it needs it I will look at a slight re-profile.

I can easily seeing it becoming a regular companion whilst playing out as it ticks alot of boxes.

Too early to reccommend it but I would say get the scales, it does make things easier on the hand and would make more prolonged use do-able and would be happy to use the shop again, good service and communications. http://survival-knives.co.uk/index.php?act=viewDoc&docId=10

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
had mine over the summer season, and honestly it's now my knife or choice- punches well above it's weight! the only feature I wish it had was a dedicated area for striking a fire steel

Ruud

Jun 29, 2012
Belgium
www.rudecheers.wordpress.com
just bought one because I've seen quite a bit of positive reviews of it. I was thinking about buying a neck knife when I was in a cannoo fishing and I didn' t like to having to take my knife from my belt. I think its going to be great to prep a fish in the cannoo by just popping the knife out of its sheath which is hanging in hands reach. I've put some inner tube around the sheath. paracordwrapping around the handle, storm whistle around the lanyard, little signalling mirror and firesteel in the innertube. think about leaving my fallkniven at home next time and just using the Izula hardcore :) I do had to prep the back of the blade a bit for use with the firesteel, since the coating prevents you from sparking. you can find a lot of Izula-modification topics around the net too, which makes you want to buy a second one :p

i own a Fallkniven WM1 too, but i havent used this one as a neck knife a lot, since my girlfriend always grabs it when we get out to Sweden. But i can recommend the WM1 also as a neck knife since the high quality knives Fallkniven delivers, the sharp back for spark-showering and the sharpness.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE