ransoms

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Just had some on a salad today actually, they are just long sprouts at the moment with no flower heads but taste fine all the same.

Acorn62

Tenderfoot
Jan 13, 2009
Oxfordshire
Massive crop last year so made pesto. Still got some in the freezer along with the ramson and nettle soup - well scrummy still. Pesto is great in pasta but even better for garlic bread / damper.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
This thread minded me that I picked a half jar of the fruits last year and covered them in olive oil. The stuff is glorious to cook with or if you like mildly garlicky salads or breads :D :D

cheers,
Toddy

My ex missus does a wonderful Ransomes Risotto.

Just had some on a salad today actually, they are just long sprouts at the moment with no flower heads but taste fine all the same.

Massive crop last year so made pesto. Still got some in the freezer along with the ramson and nettle soup - well scrummy still. Pesto is great in pasta but even better for garlic bread / damper.

Stop it stop it stop it!!!!!! :aargh4: - I have no access to any at the mo and you are just making me want them more! :D

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
wrapping lamb in ramson leaves then cooking in a ground oven is wonderful. Kebab baste made from the bulbs is also a favourite. No signs of them up here yet still a little early.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Must get up the Dean Park soon, there are lots lots there.. love the smell walking through the woods, and the flowers taste divine.. mmm

Cheers,

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
The only other place I know of that they grow is just S/W of Wrexham town centre, here in amongst the tree belt (or at least they did about 10 years ago) - if that's any use to anyone.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE