rainforest or arctic?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

zen

Tenderfoot
Aug 13, 2004
Dorset
Arizona Please :super:

Been there several times and it's just awesome.

However, living outside in mid summer is not for the faint hearted and I wouldn't even want to try.

I have been there when it's 115 degrees in the afternoon and 90 at night when you really learn the value of air conditioning. (People with no aircon who are old or sick die).

The cowboys used to wrap themselves in wet blankets to sleep as a way of trying to keep cool by evaporation. As an old Arizonan once said to me - "No wonder they was mean as hell"

:wink:

Definately arctic. I can be found in my t-shirt outside when it's freezing, and I consider anything above +15C too warm. When it's summer, I'm generally more tempted to go north then south, unlike most people. And even that doesn't always help. Last year I went to Denmark, and nearly had a sunstroke! (extra salted french fries at the McDonalds literally saved my life :) ) The Netherlands is about as "tropical" as I can cope with. Plus I'd rather be facing a polar bear then having spiders and maggots crawling under and out of my skin :shock:

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
Reminds me of Longyearbyen bank in Svalbard - the only bank in the world where you're allowed in with a balaclava and a rifle! :yikes: (for the cold and the polar bears).
Has anyone here ever seen a polar bear? I have not been lucky enough :cry:

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Only in a glass tank at Sea World in Florida and that just left me feeling sad....

It was a nice tank and they were obviously well looked after but it's still sad to see them there. Had my wife not been so insistant I wouldn't have gone at all.

Mattsteel

Oct 23, 2004
Sheffield
I used to hate the cold, but recently i have begun to quite like it (Don't know why?), especially when it snows, so then Arctic it is for me. I'd love to go someday. :chill:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE