RAF Salopettes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Ok, this is a bit of a long shot but I'm hoping someone can help me out.

A few years ago I spent a day training with the SAR folks at Lossiemouth and as it was January, I was kitted out with some of their clobber- one item was a pair of lovely warm, slightly padded salopettes.

I have been hunting for a pair of these on and off ever since but have yet to find them online in a surplus supplier.

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction as to where these can be picked up / what their proper name is etc?

I appreciate that these might not be available to the general public but would at least be able to stop hunting for them if I knew!

Many thanks in advance

KP

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Cheers Twodogs... Close- the ones I remember were grey and IIRC didn't have the thigh writing slates... But they are very similar.. I will try searching again using "aircrew"- cheers

Ed Edwards

Dec 17, 2012
Kent/London
Hi,

I served at Lossie and one of my opo's was full time RAFMR. I've pinged him an email so 'hopefully' he'll get back. I'm pretty sure all their kit is bought via LPO (bought from Civi sources). I'll let you know when I hear something back.

Ed

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
SAR Aircrew & RAF MR waterproofs salopettes were made by Slioch but were red not grey. Most of the aircrew guys still use theirs but Slioch are out of buisness now. One of the ex workers owns the patterns and still makes the same gear albiet not in Gore-Tex branded as Firemore: http://www.firemore.com/ (nice Ventile gear!)

Were they fleece or cotton? Ed's probably right that they were just whatever was on the contract at the time.

Ed Edwards

Dec 17, 2012
Kent/London
My mate just got back:

"If they were red with black knees then they would be from a company called slioch, as mountain rescue and 202 sqn often got the same kit. If he can describe them, that would be more of a help. Keela is another company we used."

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE