Rabbit entrails - who's the culprit?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
you wont either mate,poachers were recruited by Churchill for his secret army aka auxiliary units, a chap i know locally is quite the woodsman,has been near trod on before now int dark by gamekeepers,i would imagine that the entrails were hid butt some critters dragged them out into view.

Indeed, they can be extremely devious ****, but it's not an area with abundant bunnies and there's plenty of other local areas were they are.

If it's an easier question then, apart from humans what would do what I described. Large semi-stray cats seems to fit the bill.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
I had thought about that but it's not really on the way or to anywhere. More likely someone may have left the guts there on purpose but although not hidden they were not in an obvious place.

What about buzzards or owls, it is nearish a fence post and I know the local buzzards perch on them. Do birds gut animals, or eat most of their prey and drop the intestines?

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I'm thinking it was some form of rabbit ritual suicide; and the other rabbits hid the rest of the carcass.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
have a look on youtube for speed paunch videos ?

The one's where you squeeze until everything pops out? That wouldn't leave the tail behind.

I think the Druids would also stop rabbit ritual suicide.

All that's left today was a bit of large intestine, swollen by the rain to the size of a large sausage.

Perhaps the bunny has been gradually picked apart over a day or so and I stumbled upon work in progress?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE