Quick scouting grub!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DarDar

Sep 27, 2006
Ireland
most people already know it (and maybe under a different name) but its egg-a-la-spud.

Needs: Large potatoe, egg, matchsticks, tinfoil

Cut the top of the potatoe and scoop out the centre. Crack the egg into the hollowed out part of the potatoe place the top of the potatoe back on and secure with a couple of matchsticks. Wrap in tinfoil and put on the embers for 15-20 mins. The egg has the same consistency as a boiled egg.

Mr_Rimps

Forager
Aug 13, 2006
Hampshire
Boil in a bag omelette is one of my favourites.

weekender said:
wont the bag melt/stick to the bottom of the pan??? or is there something to do to make sure it wont happen.

Make sure your pot has enough water in it to completely cover the bag and when you've got a good rolling boil put the bag in. You should be OK. Check its not touching the sides of the pot.

Good tip is to make sure you've got as much air out as possible.

If I'm putting more than one in the pot I double bag it and put a small leaf or twig in the second bag to identify which is which.

Hope this helps.

Andy

James_m246

Forager
Oct 12, 2006
Suffolk, UK.
DarDar said:
most people already know it (and maybe under a different name) but its egg-a-la-spud.

Needs: Large potatoe, egg, matchsticks, tinfoil

Cut the top of the potatoe and scoop out the centre. Crack the egg into the hollowed out part of the potatoe place the top of the potatoe back on and secure with a couple of matchsticks. Wrap in tinfoil and put on the embers for 15-20 mins. The egg has the same consistency as a boiled egg.
Thats sounds great, i've never heard of it before.
How long do you think it would take in the oven?

DarDar

Sep 27, 2006
Ireland
James_m246 said:
Thats sounds great, i've never heard of it before.
How long do you think it would take in the oven?

I don't know really. Based on the one or two times i've made potatoes on their own in the oven in tinfoil, i'd guess probably the same time as on the embers. The egg in the centre reduces the cooking time compared to a whole potatoe of the same size so defintely shorter than whatever time it usually takes for a whole one in your oven. I'm more of a steamed/roasted potatoe person!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE