questions about groups

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
i guess this is aimed at anyone that has started a successful Bushcraft group.

i have wanted to set up a group for some time due to the fact there isn't one in my area how do i go about it?

i have tried to rouse members of this forum with some success but no meetings as yet.

do you think it's worth my while starting a poster campaign in my local camping shops ect?

also if useing posters are there any phrases or ideas that would be usefull obviously i want to attract people interested in bushcraft not survivalism.

prehaps it would be worth having some sort of template available on this site, obviously "BushCraftUK's" name would not be used.

obviously there is always going to be the problem of those first meetings i.e. am i an axe muderer! :madaxe:

any advice? :?:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
To be honest mate I'd try again to get some interest from people on here, have a look at the map etc. If you can get some of the members to get together then that's as close as you're going to get to people you know and for the most part you're not going to be taking on people that know nothing right from the word go, even though it's great passing on information and knowledge it would be nice if you could meet up and spend some time with like minded people and then expand it.

It's just MO :wink:

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Tonys right - another thing to think about is what you aim to achieve. Is your group is purely a social thing or is it going to be a club with training weekends ect - options are endless.

As with the Ashdown meet up the social aspect seems to appeal to many members and I think this is as it should be, we should enjoy bushcraft and the company equally.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
I'm up for a meet up but right now my employment situation is really up in the air, new owners where I work, with no clue. Also rubbish hours (chef). I am desperately looking for another job outside of catering and if I can find one and sort my hours out I'm definately up for it. I am only down the road in North Walsham so we should be able to sort something out. If it's OK I'll pm you when I get organised. And if you just want to babble about bushcraft you can pm me :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE