Question regarding Enzo neck knife blade (kind of urgent)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

yarrow

Forager
Nov 23, 2004
Dublin
How even is the grind on your enzo necker? I recently purchased one, unfortunately it came with a big nick in the blade, the packaging was pristine and intact so it must have been posted like that. I contacted the seller and explained they asked for it back and said they would send me a new one. The new one came this morning; it has a really, really uneven grind. One side is way higher than the other by 2mm, this also makes the tip of the blade slightly irregular. Was I expecting too much for my money to have an even bevel on the blade? I would like to do a quick check of other enzo owners out there, how even is the grind on your knife? If they are all like this (the first one that came with a chip in at least had an even grind) then I’m going to ask for my money back. I have blades from Falkniven, Mora, Alan Wood, Dorset Woodland Blades, Bernie Garland, Del Stubs, Kukri House and a shed load more I can’t remember all the grinds are dead on symmetrical.
I don’t want to think that someone is trying to sell me a quick regrind and in a way hope that enzo blades are sometimes like this, either way I want my money back.

1st blade with nick in it
IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0750.jpg

Replacement blade, with uneven grind.

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
Neither are brilliant to be honest although the replacement is not what I would call unacceptable. I have an enzo necker in flat grind and its pretty much spot on. Just send it back if it bugs you that much.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I'd send it back continually until you get a decent one or ask for a refund including your postage costs. Neither should have been sent to you like that. You didn't expect to pay for a damaged blade or an uneven grind, don't put up with it.

My views on Brisa products have been challenged recently.

Last edited:

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I have ahd uneven grinds on many knives but my Enzo trapper was perfect. Infact it was far superior in finish and symetry than my Bernie Garland knife that I really disliked.

yarrow

Forager
Nov 23, 2004
Dublin
Had a chat with the seller he is now aware of the problem and has given me assurance he will make it right. Good enough in my book. For the record and for the sake of fairness it was NOT Brisa, anybody can buy and sell these & I deliberately omitted naming people as I only wanted a bit more back ground about the blades to see if they have problems like this.Thanks for your feedback guys.
The moral of the story is - buy your blades from known and trusted makers on here. I should have done that in the first place.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Had a chat with the seller he is now aware of the problem and has given me assurance he will make it right. Good enough in my book. For the record and for the sake of fairness it was NOT Brisa, anybody can buy and sell these & I deliberately omitted naming people as I only wanted a bit more back ground about the blades to see if they have problems like this.Thanks for your feedback guys.
The moral of the story is - buy your blades from known and trusted makers on here. I should have done that in the first place.

I've edited my post accordingly.

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
Mine is fine, nice and even and no chips. I personally have never had a problem with any Enzo product, I think I have 7 blades form them.

Not the best photos, mobile shots as my DSLR is dead at the moment.

Every time I sharpen the full flat one I'm gradually polishing it to a mirror edge. Fantastic little knife for use in the kitchen.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE