Quality tent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
BorderReiver said:
Very funny. :lmao:

However surely no one should expect a useable tent at that price.Not useable in our climate anyway.

Well, it was in summer...... for an agile teenager :rolleyes:
Our only complaint was that it doesn't have any ventilation so all of the condensation becomes a problem. It was waterproof enough.....just the wrong way, if you see what I mean ;)

Cheers,
Toddy

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Single-skin tents are very difficult to get right because of the condensation problem, and consequently very expensive (decent ones anyway). You can get a perfectly serviceable summer valley tent for about that price, but it won't be a single skin.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
The old Pro-Action 'tiger paw' one man tent (not the Sydney) was a very different animal: two layer (fly plus inner), aluminium poles, green, and a copy of a £180 tent (Lightyear CD, I think). It gained quite a cult following on uk.rec.walking and was favourably reviewed in TGO by Cameron McNeish. It originally sold for £30, but was then reduced to £15. Since all the good publicity they have gone for as much as £60 on ebay.

Still a good buy if you can find one for £30 or less. The zips are flimsy but replaceable. Otherwise it is a good tent and i've used one at high level in Scotland without problems.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE