Qualified buscraft instructor!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
dommyracer said:
I'm not sure I agree with the 'formalisation' of Bushcraft, but there's quals for Mountain Leadership and lots of other outdoor stuff, so why not?

Woodcraft school do a course that is NCFE recognised, in conjunction with plumpton college.

http://www.plumpton.ac.uk/textonly/...Leadership Programme for the Outdoor Industry

Doing the course also gives you these quals:-

• First Aid at Work
• Advanced Explorer First Aid
• BEL (Basic Expedition Leader)
• Instructional Techniques
• Basic Food Handling
• Edexcel National Diploma Modules in Countryside Management:
~ Unit 5 Ecology and Conservation 1
~ Unit 30 Ecology of Trees, Forest and Woodland
~ Unit 31 Forest Woodland Management

I have applied for this course (starting Sept) and am waiting to see if I get called for an interview.

It would be good to hear from anyone who is on it. I have already spoken to Aaron and he is thoroughly enjoying it.

As I work voluntarily for the Sea Cadets as an Outdoor instructor this type of course will be helpful in pushing Bushcraft within the Corp as it is a recognised subject within the D of E Award. I do appreciate though that not everyone finds this 'Formalising' of the subject (it is after all so vast) appealing.

Personally for me though it fits well as many within the Corp are more comfortable when courses are run by staff with recognised qualifications. I already hold similar qualifications as I am a Mountain Leader (Summer) work as a qualified Trainer and have an Environmental degree but I do feel that the course will be able to teach me much from what I have already heard about it.

As far as cost is concerned I think it is real value for money and is spread out so that I can continue to work full time.

I am incorporating Bushcraft into all of my camps within the cadets, however I have been asked on more than one occasion what are my qualifications to run this type of activity.

Cheers

George

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
billycan said:
It is £1400 for the year. We live in the woods all year during the course. for a week at a time more or less.

Cheers Billycan. Did not realise you stayed over for the full five days. I live only 20 miles from the training area. Wil suit me me but maybe my wife might be slightly miffed.

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Newbury yes but I am buying a new house and expect to move by the end of March. Will be close to the M3 so not far from the training area in Midhurst. :)

Cheers

George

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE